Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
mikah_no
Tutor
Tutor
I've had the Pro for almost a year. I love it. Recently we had issues with the microphone that was resolved by reinstalling the iOS app (icon disappeared, not functioning). It worked again for a couple weeks and the new problem is this:
I can speak through the microphone and the recipient can hear me - awesome. However, I lose all sound and can't hear responses or background noise - not so awesome. If I don't use the microphone, then the sound works great (I can hear street noises, the neighbors, etc). This is true for all 3 cameras. I've tried it in network and via 4G. Neither scenario works with the sound on while using the microphone. I have also tried re-booting the base.

Advice?
15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikah_no,

To hear incoming sound, release the microphone button on your iOS device. Only hold down the push to talk icon when you want to transmit.

JamesC

mikah_no
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the response.

I should have been more clear. The microphone function (speak and hear) worked before. Then we lost the microphone icon which resulted in my having to delete the app and reinstall. Speak and hear worked for a bit and now only the speak function works, not the hear function.

I press the icon to speak, the recipient hears it (I can tell from their reaction on the video). I release the icon to hear their response and I get nothing. Complete silence. No background noise, no static, nothing. I repeat this a few more times and still only get silence when I release the talk icon.

I checked for updates, deleted the app again, reinstalled, but still am unable to hear.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

RevBam
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same exact issue. I know exactly what you're talking about.

The sound will work fine until I hit the mic button to speak to someone outside. They can hear me fine, but I lose all audio on my side.

Did you ever find a solution? I just set this up.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you also on the iOS app, RevBam?

RevBam
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I am on the iOS app.
mikah_no
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Yes the mic problem was fixed when I got a new phone and updated the iOS. Everything works great now.

Good luck!

mikah_no
Tutor
Tutor

I'm sorry I should have been more clear. I updated my iPhone iOS to 11.1.2 (iPhone x) when before I was using 9.3.3. (iPhone 6+). My husband has no issues on his 6S, running iOS 11.1.2.

I hope that's more clear. Good luck!

RevBam
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you Mikah. That was exactly the issue.
ww6bone9ww
Initiate
Initiate

once I press might to turn talkingoption on i loose all sound. use to just be when I pressed to talk now its just quiet. I can here very suttle white noise but thats about it. FIX THIS !!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ww6bone9ww,

Once the push to talk button is release, you should hear sound again from the camera. Are you releasing the push to talk button?

JamesC

ArloFan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  Running the lastest version of software on iPhone.

When I push the Mic button on the iPhone, the person next to the camera can hear me, however when I let go of the Mic button and the person next to the camera talks, I can't hear them.

I never used this feature before, but tried it last night for the 1st time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArloFan2,

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store?

JamesC

ArloFan2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is this a trick question 🙂 ?
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

LOL.. maybe..