Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Zerosum
Follower
Follower

Hello Everyone.

Please somebody enlighten me. 

I'm quite interested into this system because of the versatility and freedom regarding installation. No wires no cables.

However talking about video storage on the Arlo Pro system as far as I understand there's not an option to disable Cloud storage and be able to record locally only.

If that is true I believe that it should be the user/customer decision/choice.

I'm looking to install the system indoors only ( in every room of the house) and I'm not willing to send private contain to any cloud.

All comments appreciated.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Zerosum wrote:

However talking about video storage on the Arlo Pro system as far as I understand there's not an option to disable Cloud storage and be able to record locally only.

If that is true I believe that it should be the user/costumer decision/choise.

Yes the Arlo PRO does have local record option ALONG with at the same time the video goes to the cloud ( netgear servers ).

The only time it goes only local is if the internet drops out then IF the USB drive was set up properly, the recordings will go there alone.

It is not a USER option to not record to the cloud... it is as it is,

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then this is the wrong system for you.  It's totally cloud-based.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Zerosum wrote:

If that is true I believe that it should be the user/costumer decision/choise.

Yes the Arlo PRO does have local record option ALONG with at the same time the video goes to the cloud ( netgear servers ).

The only time it goes only local is if the internet drops out then IF the USB drive was set up properly, the recordings will go there alone.

It is not a USER option to not record to the cloud... it is as it is,

Morse is faster than texting!
Sc0rPs
Guide
Guide

Why can't he just remove the ethernet cord? Netgear will think no internet and be local only.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can do that. But then you have no access to the videos or system. Updates don't happen, live view is unavailable, even removing the storage can corrupt the data sin e you can't unmount it.

It's workable but not very convenient.
Matador
Guide
Guide

The above users are wrong.   I have a USB stick plugged into my Base Station.....IT DOES INDEED record to the cloud along with recording to the USB drive.

IT RECORDS TO BOTH LOCATIONS.   

Sc0rPs
Guide
Guide

Metador: Nobody said otherwise? Above it was posted it saves to both locations.