Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Live Video Delay With White/Grey Circle

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maverick17036
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey everyone and thanks for your support. I have the Arlo Pro system. Its been great for the last 1-2 years. However, since the last firmware update I've had major lag issues with the live video. When selecting a live feed, the white circle appears as normal. After a couple of seconds, audio from the feed starts and the white circle changes to a grey circle. This grey circle continues to spin as the live audio is running in the background but no video appears. This will stay for several seconds, even minutes. Eventually the video will appear or i'll get a failed to connect message. I then have to restart the app and it normally works.

My remedies included restarting the base station, updating firmware, restarting cameras, disconnecting power cords, updating firmware on my Nighthawk router, restarting the router/network. None have worked. Seems like most of you complained about similar lag issues back around May but I haven't seen any updates since. Have you all figured out a fix? If so please share. Thanks again!

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi maverick17036,

What device are you using when you run in to this issue? Do you see a difference if you use a different source for the Live view?

maverick17036
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your response. My wife and I use a variety of sources including an iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPad, and Apple TV. All of which experience the same issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you had the same issue with the Web Portal. Can you test it with Google Chrome?

maverick17036
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works via Chrome and Safari just fine with no issues. I don't get any "circle" when uploading the live feed. It just says "please wait" and then the live feed appears. The circles only occur on the app. I think there is a flaw in the app. Its not my phone as the same issue happens on multiple devices. Its not my network as the live feed loads fine on other browsers on the same network. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but the same issue occurs. This is very annoying and troublesome to the point that I'm thinking about selling my system and going with another company. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Good Morning maverick17036,

Is this issue related to a single camera, or does this behavior happen with all of them?

myhomie02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi myhomie02,

Have you had the same issue with the Web Portal. Can you test it with Google Chrome? Is this issue related to a single camera, or does this behavior happen with all of them?