Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Is Not Responding & Not Charging

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Batz39
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my arlo pro cameras will not work. All I see in the arlo app is that it is time to charge my camera. The settings show the charge level at 3%. However no matter how long I charge it stays stuck at 3%. But I noticed the charger and camera body were both warm. So I removed the battery and placed it in another arlo pro. It showed 100% and the camera worked fine. Then I took another battery from another camera that I knew was fully charged and placed it in the defective camera. It still showed 3% charge and still wouldn't charge. So it seems the camera is faulty and not the battery. I tried removing the camera and re-syncing it but it won't even blink or do anything after holding down the sync button for several seconds. I think the warranty is only a year and it's been more than a year since I purchased it.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the battery works fine in another camera, it's prob not that.

To test the camera, pull battery and only using the supplied ac adapter, see if the led flashes blue once when plugged in....

when syncing do NOT hold the sync button for two secs.... Quick press on base and the quick press on camera 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Batz39
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried connecting it without the battery. It will blink blue a few times when connected. Same behavior when putting a battery in. I tried syncing again. No matter how I press, short or long, the base station and camera sync buttons, the camera LED doesn't do anything and the base station continues to blink searching for a device. No new camera is added to my arlo app. Also tried several other cables to no avail.

jastephe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I have owned my Arlo pro for merely 1 year, 4 mos. I received an email notfication that my camera battery was low. I recharged all cameras. The camera in question has been inside my home under ideal conditions for its lifetime. When plugged into the charger, battery will not charge. When the battery is switched to another camera, the battery will charge. When a 100% charged batter is placed into the camera in question, the blue led does illuminate on install. The same applies when the camera in question is plugged into the charging cable without a battery. Beyond this, the camera in question is not responsive. It will not sync with the base. When the sync button is depressed for 2 seconds, no response, no blue flashing light. The camera is defective. This is extremely dissapointing for a product that is just beyond one year old, that is now outside its warranty period, and that cost me over $1k when purchased new from Best Buy. I will be extremely relectant to purchase any other Arlo product in the future. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Batz39,

Have you tried rebooting the base station since you removed the device from the settings? Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

Batz39
Aspirant
Aspirant

The chat doesn't work nor does the contact form. I don't have time to wait on hold on the phone...