Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

When do the infrared LEDs come on with an Arlo Pro camera.?

IF the Arlo Pro camera is set with the microphone off, will the Infrared LEDS still come on if the camera detects noise.?

The reason for my enquiry is that I am getting an alarm notification at night from the Arlo Q in my office, and it appears to be detecting a sudden light from the Arlo Pro in the entrance hall.

It would appear that the infrared light from the Arlo Pro suddenly turns on at 03.30 in the night.

If the Arlo Pro is at this time detecting a noise, but the microphone is turned off, does the infrared light still come on. ?  There is no alarm notification from the Arlo Pro, but only from the Arlo Q, and the recording shows a sudden short burst of light from the doorway.  The Arlo Pro being in the hallway, and being the only possible source of light.  The hallway has no windows to the outside and so this is not a passing car..

Any assistance would be appreciated..  Thanks..   

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The IR lights should only really come on if recording...

Are you running it on ac by any chance?

Yes, IF the IRs com on, the Q cam would see the change of light and trigger, but why the IRs are coming on is unknown.

To fix, the first thing I would try is reset the Pro by pulling and replacing battery.

And reboot the base by the power button off - on.

If the issue continues, I might try and remove the camera from setting and bring back ( rebuilding the modes )

After that, you got me.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, a good plan..  I will try a total reboot over the next few days and then come back on this subject.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to add, I do get recordings on my Q due to another camera starting recording using Night Vision. I also get the stray Q recording when the other camera seems to restart, perhaps due to a firmware update. The IR illuminators come on for 1-2 seconds, enough to trigger the Q. The only way to fix that would be to change the view of both cameras so the Q won't see the blast of light.