Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro- HELP! Multiple night time false activations

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Watrous
Tutor
Tutor

This past week I purchased my first Arlo Pro 4 pack system and set it up around the outside of my house.  All is well except the camera mounted up on a tree aimed at the driveway (about 20' from camera to driveway).  During the day all the cameras function as designed.  Once it is dark the driveway camera will activate continuously and nothing is seen on the 10 sec clip at 80% sensitivity. The activations will continue every minute and not stop with noting in the camera field.  I have adjusted the sensitivity down to 30% and that seems to help to some degree.  At 30% the camera is fine at night until I walk or drive by the camera.  Once it's activated it continues to activate every minute despite nothing in the camera view.  I have turned the night vision off at night and that has not helped, I still get the false activations.  Also, the same problem occurs when night time begins and I click "live."  Once I wake the camera up and watch live it will again continue to activate every minute continously.  Basically, once something activates the driveway camera, either me though the app or true motion, it will not stop activating.  Any ideas please? Thank you!   

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Take one of your working cameras and SWAP it with the one giving trouble.  This will show if the problem follows the camera that that camera is the problem not the location.

If the problem continues with the camera in the new location, pull the battery pack and replace ( reset camera ), then go to settings and use REMOVE DEVICE. Power buton reboot the base and bring back the camera as if new ( resync ).

If it happens again, then the camera has a problem and it would require either return to purchase location or an exchange with Netgear.

So you would have to go thru Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Watrous
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!  I'll give that a try this weekend.

BeTactical
Guide
Guide
Any luck?

Many people are having similar issues based on community posts... I have a ticket in to address this. Some suspect it's a hardware issue, would be better if it was a SW issue but I've tried resetting with no luck.

-Garrett