Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro H11, not charing & draining battery in 2 hours. Refund Possible?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lo3an
Guide
Guide

How do I get a full refund of this product? I have 3 Arlo Pro Cameras + Base Station.  They do not do what it describes.  It is useless and I would like a full refund of the product.  Please advise.

1) When using iPhone, the notification sound can not be changed.  The sound is a generic sound with very low volume (highest volume on phone setting).  Making the motion detection notification unusable.  It is unfit to be used as any kind of security, since it does not let me know when there is a motion detected.

2) One of the cameras does not charge the battery.  Two cameras charge the battery.

3) The camera to uses the battery from 100% to 0% in two hours.

I'm curious how these products are even allowed to be sold.  No, I did not smash the camera with a hammer or submerget them under a tub of acid.  I placed the cameras & downloaded the app.  Camera breaks and app doesn't even have a choice to change the sound notification.

Please  DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.  It seems many posts that shows negative side of the products get deleted.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lo3an,

There is an Idea Exchange thread discussing customization iOS notification sounds. I recommend lending your voice to that thread to further encourage the development team to add this feature in the future.

Referring to the camera that will not charge your battery, have you tried charging that battery in one of your other cameras? This will help isolate the issue to either the camera or the battery.

If you're still experiencing an issue charging the battery, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Lo3an
Guide
Guide

1) ios Notification sound: That is unacceptable.  It makes this product unusable, yet the solution is to just complain somewhere else?

2) Charging in other cameras: Yes..  It says it on the post.  

3) Contact Support: I did contact them already.  There is no reply or no action is taken.

Please do not delete this post.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lo3an,

I've escalated your open support case and requested an update. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Locking this thread. Lo3an please reach out to me in a private message if you need further assistance with your support case.

JamesC