Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Geofencing no longer working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jacenpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgrade my phone yesterday and now geofencing is not working. I went from an Androiod phone running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to a phone running Android 8.0 Oreo. Geofencing does not work now. It worked on the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean phone. Is there something not compatible with Android 8.0 Oreo.

3 REPLIES 3
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I don't use geofencing now, but I have used it in the past on android 7 and android 8. When you say it doesn't work, can you explain in detail what's happening.

(btw, I don't use geofencing anymore an any of my apps that havre that option because it was unreliable since I don't have 3 cell towers close enough to me to do cell phone triangulation and accuratly locate my position consistantly)

jacenpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

So in my attempt to explain my issue better I found that the "Push Notifactions" were not going to my new phone. I changed that setting to the new phone and it seems to be working correctly now. I am not sure why it would not arm the system when my new phone was out of range though. It seems to be working for now. I will update since I just discovered this a few hours ago.

OurHattonHome
Star
Star

Also have one Arlo Pro 2 camera along with 4 Arlo Pro. As far as any fix to geofencing goes, no updates I have received have fixed this problem. I have 2 android phones connected, a Samsung Note 8 and a Motorola Z Force. Everytime we leave and return each phone has to have the app running to be able to change and even though the app is running on both phones there is no guarantee that the switch between schedule and armed will occur. Also the app will not switch to out of range and in range for the Note 8 when it goes from one area to the other even though the map properly shows the location of the device. I reported this months ago with no input as to whether it is being worked on or not. This feature has been a great part of the app I loved because the armed and disarmed state would occur to what I wanted without physically having to go into the app and set them. Please fix the geofencing feature soon so I can be certain that the cameras will be in the state I want them.