Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Fixed Length Recording Ends Early

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Trigger78
Star
Star

In my armed mode rules in the iOS app v2.5.1, I have each of my four cameras configured to record upon motion detection for a fixed length of 120 seconds. Each camera's rule is also configured to record on the other three cameras for the same fixed length. The actual recording lengths are much shorter than 120 seconds and vary seemingly at random. Also the recording lengths differ between the four cameras for the same recording event. For example, one camera might record for about 60 seconds while another ends after about 30 seconds. Does anyone know how to make the fixed length setting work properly?

30 REPLIES 30
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Rico----,

Have you power cycled your base Station?

Macca76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. I can set off any 2 cameras and they will record for the full set time of 120 seconds but if a third or fourth camera are activated it will only record a further 10 -15 seconds on the activated cameras. So if 3 or more are set off quickly i bearly get 20-30 sec of recordings. It never did it when i first got the cameras but it has been a problem for me for a while now.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Macca76,

What firmware version is your base station & cameras running? Have you updated to the latest Arlo Mobile App and tested again?

Macca76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply,
my arlo pro is currently up to date with its firmware on the base and cameras, as you know it does this automatically. I even checked it against your website just to be sure. my app was last updated in October this year.  This problem has been going on for some time.  Any other ideas?? 
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An October update of the app means it's out of date. However, I don't think that's the problem.

WHat's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? I suspect having multiple cameras streaming at once is swamping your upload bandwidth, causing the videos to not be complete.

ChrissAnn
Initiate
Initiate