Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro End of Life policy

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kaiju
Tutor
Tutor

I tried posting this once and it wouldn't work. I need the End of Life policy explained more succinctly. I've had multiple Arlo Pros about five years. I'm shocked that they're considered at the end of their life already. This is a huge problem for domestic violence and stalking survivors who rely on them, who are often on limited budgets.

Will I still receive notifications on my phone?

Will any video be stored?

If I sign up for a subscription, will my Arlo Pros be supported?

If I upgrade the cameras, do I still need a subscription?

Please do not refer me to the documentation that already exists. I've read it, and I'm still confused about what will and won't be provided.

This site is also making me select labels that don't apply.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kaiju wrote:

Will I still receive notifications on my phone?

Will any video be stored?

Yes to both.  The cameras will continue to function just as they do now.  Arlo is NOT saying that will happen forever.  Though it is clear that that they don't intend to deliberately break the legacy cameras.

The Pro will continue to receive security updates until 1 July 2024, but Arlo is NOT committing to any bug fixes.

@Kaiju wrote:

If I sign up for a subscription, will my Arlo Pros be supported?

That likely depends on what you mean by "supported".  The cameras are long out of warranty, so there will be no hardware replacements.  Arlo support likely would provide some guidance on solving common system issues.

Though IMO the forum is often a better resource, especially for the older cameras.

@Kaiju wrote:

If I upgrade the cameras, do I still need a subscription?

All current models require a subscription for cloud storage.