Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Downloaded Videos Not Showing any reference day, date, or time on video?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RichardH-BC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am running on the 7 day free cloud recording service currently. ......Just did a manual record and caught my crazy neighbour doing his morse code flashlight stuff as my wife leaves the house at 6:30 AM......so I downloaded it to my hard drive. When I play it there is no reference to the day date time in the video......Played back via Apple Quick Time......Any ideas why its not there and is there a setting to change to make sure it is.......Thanks in advance. RH BC Canada

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The file name should be a long number... it's the date/time in epoch ( computer time )

Can convert to human time ; https://www.epochconverter.com/

As to date/time, also look in metadata ( properties of file ) for created date under origins

When I play back I usu use VLC ( free ) which allows frame by frame and snap shots, also showing time/time of file

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RichardH-BC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that......I was staring at that string of numbers and thought, Ah I'll change to a name I understand.....LOL  I resaved the files and put them in a dated folder.  So all is good.  Neat tool BTW.....Many Thanks.

I did try playing with VLC and I still could not see a time/date.....Maybe a Mac thing.

Thanks again.

RH.