Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RichardH-BC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am running on the 7 day free cloud recording service currently. ......Just did a manual record and caught my crazy neighbour doing his morse code flashlight stuff as my wife leaves the house at 6:30 AM......so I downloaded it to my hard drive. When I play it there is no reference to the day date time in the video......Played back via Apple Quick Time......Any ideas why its not there and is there a setting to change to make sure it is.......Thanks in advance. RH BC Canada

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The file name should be a long number... it's the date/time in epoch ( computer time )

Can convert to human time ; https://www.epochconverter.com/

As to date/time, also look in metadata ( properties of file ) for created date under origins

When I play back I usu use VLC ( free ) which allows frame by frame and snap shots, also showing time/time of file

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RichardH-BC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that......I was staring at that string of numbers and thought, Ah I'll change to a name I understand.....LOL  I resaved the files and put them in a dated folder.  So all is good.  Neat tool BTW.....Many Thanks.

I did try playing with VLC and I still could not see a time/date.....Maybe a Mac thing.

Thanks again.

RH.