Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Does Not Record Or Alert (VMC4030 - not in model list)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
B1N1
Aspirant
Aspirant

One camera of my 5 does not alert or record.  System is 1 year old and has functioned normally except for the battery drain issue which seems better after the software push. Camera has been power off, battery out reset, “Remove Deviced” and reinstalled/resynced.  It reacts properly when Motion Detection Test is run (orange LED reacts). Camera Positioning works in lit and unlit room(IR LEDs come on). It will go active when commanded from an iOS app, even from a shared app 1100 miles away.  BUT it will not detect motion, alert or record as it should and has for the last year.  What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, since the OP says the camera was removed and resynced, it needs to be re-added to any custom modes. Removal removes any rules and resyncing only adds it back into the Armed mode.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@B1N1 

Have you checked the rule for this camera in the Armed mode? Sometimes when updates are pushed out, the camera gets reset to do nothing if motion is detected. Check the rule for this camera and be sure that the camera is set to record video and that the sensitivity is set to 100% in the rule.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, since the OP says the camera was removed and resynced, it needs to be re-added to any custom modes. Removal removes any rules and resyncing only adds it back into the Armed mode.

B1N1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re-adding to my custom rule list Solved the issue.  Thanks very much.