Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jojakhi27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I would like to know if anyone else has the same issue I will have a car drive up the road and the delay in recording is about 20 seconds sometimes longer and if I am live sometimes it can be a minute behind I feel that these cameras are good but this is a big issue for the price?

Also when motion is detected on my backyard camera it will record at the same time on my front yard camera why is this happening?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure I follow your issue with cars. First, live view turns off automatic recording - you have to record manually.  Second, cars really aren't the goal of the system but can be used. You have to remember that cars tend to reflect the sun's IR causing detection so the exact angle and amount of that reflection may be what you're experiencing. Why are you interested in the cars? If truly important, a different location for the camera may be needed to improve detection/recording.

For the camera in the rear recording when the front does, there are two likely reasons. 1) it's possible that the IR reflection from the car is somehow reaching the camera,  maybe by reflecting off something else on the way to the backyard. I suspect it's more likely that 2) you're using a mode with a rule where you inadvertantly have chosen motion to be detected on the front camera but recording on the backyard camera. Check your modes and rules carefully.

Jojakhi27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, the cars is just a example the camera is always delayed I had a incident on the weekend and was unable to catch the person until it was too late!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot of the camera view and/or a link to a sample video for suggestions.