Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
femmesfidos
Follower
Follower

I have set-up my camera for continual recording from 7am-9pm daily based on motion and audio detection. I am receiving alerts every 30 seconds that my camera has detected motion or audio and it is recording little 10 second videos. How do I set it up so it records continuously and not in snippits?

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Continuous video recording is only available on the mains powered Arlo Q and Q plus products.

The battery powered Arlo wireless range is not suitable for continuous video recording and only does motion based recording.

You could increase the default 10s clips up to 120s per clip which would also reduce your battery life but give you longer recordings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The latest updates have returned the option to record while motion continues for the Pro cameras. I haven't tried it myself yet but some are reporting issues similar to what happened when first released a while ago, causing the option to be removed.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

jguerdat wrote:
The latest updates have returned the option to record while motion continues for the Pro cameras. I haven't tried it myself yet but some are reporting issues similar to what happened when first released a while ago, causing the option to be removed.

Gee.....you spoiled my fun, I had just noticed it and was all set to give it a try! Guess better wait for more fixes with future updates.

Paul

serghe
Guide
Guide
Paul, try it. It works well after I reastarted the base. 🤘
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My first attempt got me 16 second recordings.  Of course, it may have been that the motion detection was short.  After a base restart, I got an accurate recording of my test motion with about a 10 second period after motion stopped.  Further testing with 5, 10 and 15 second pauses in the action shows about 5-7 seconds of inactivity to be the most before recording stops automatically, picking up quickly once motion resumes, perhaps within 1 second.  I was close to the camera - 10-20 feet at all times - to ensure I was being detected.

It appears that 16 second recordings are the shortest that the camera will record with this setting since my final recording was of me moving out of sight within 2-3 seconds.  Whether the base restart is actually needed is an open question since I didn't do that with my overnight attempt but the few examples I have seem to support the need for a restart.