Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro Charging Station

Discussion stats
armsil1234
Apprentice
Apprentice
What's going on with availability on the pro charging station? Anybody have luck buying it?

Seems like it can only be pre-ordered right now at a few places (amazon, frys, insight), but they keep pushing out the expected available date. What's the hold up? I don't think netgear should allow a pre order on something they don't know when they will provide. Is there an engineering or manufacturing problem with it?
113 REPLIES 113
LenS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like most of those posting messages here I too have had the Arlo Pro Charging Station on order since December 2016.  I ordered mine from B&H, and was patient until after four month B&H canceled my back order.  Today I went on a hunt, and was SUCCESSFUL!  I located the charging station at Nebraska Furniture Mart (of all places), and they advertised they had the charging stations for $59.99.  I called and in fact, they do have them.  The only issue for me living in California was that they don't ship to CA, so I went on-line (https://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?productid=48691869) and ordered the charging station, and had it shipped to my daughter in Maine, who will ship it to me. TADA!  I just confirmed the order, and it will arrive on 4/6, and she'll ship it to me right away.

What a pain in the caboose, but I finally have a charging station on the way.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

"Nebraska Furniture Mart"?

Well, if I see them at any of my local convenient stores, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Just a warning for all of you Arlo Pro owners looking for them. Be prepared for the next re-design of these cameras.

They will change the battery design and you'll need to get a different charging station that won't be available. In addition to new skins, adapters, plugs, screw mounts, solar panels etc.

What a joke these stations have turned out to be.

LenS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Nebraska Furniture Mart!  Joke as you will, it seems most people that post here have a desire to locate the charging station for the current model of the Arlo Pro cameras, and as my post and the link provided stated, you can buy them and have them shipped to you, regardless of the name of the store.  I received mine this morning, as advertised, and now I leave this forum with the capability of charging my Arlo Pro batteries without using the camera after successfully finding, and sharing where to buy them.  The only thing to look for now at your local convenience store is humble pie! 

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

LenS, glad you got your charging station but do not leave the forum.  Check from time to time and you may discover something else new that you will want to do or purchase to make your Arlo system and life better.  Please let us know how the charging station is working out.  I'm still waiting for Best Buy to get them back in stock.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

LenS wrote:

Yes, Nebraska Furniture Mart!  Joke as you will, it seems most people that post here have a desire to locate the charging station for the current model of the Arlo Pro cameras, and as my post and the link provided stated, you can buy them and have them shipped to you, regardless of the name of the store.  I received mine this morning, as advertised, and now I leave this forum with the capability of charging my Arlo Pro batteries without using the camera after successfully finding, and sharing where to buy them.  The only thing to look for now at your local convenience store is humble pie! 

Well I was just joking. But glad to see you got your charging station.

By the way, I don't know how close you are to Fresno but they have 99,999 in stock. You could pick one up tomorrow or have it shipped for free.

I guess everyone's problems are solved.  Charging stations for everyone! LOL

Arlo.jpg

NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also was able to find the Arlo Pro Recharging station on Amazon, apparently it isn't in stock at the moment. To see it you need to click the little tab, it's coupled with the battery's URL.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

NETthisGEAR wrote:

I also was able to find the Arlo Pro Recharging station on Amazon, apparently it isn't in stock at the moment. To see it you need to click the little tab, it's coupled with the battery's URL.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is. I read it 5 times and thought I was missing something.

So you were able to find the charging station on Amazon, but not really find it because it wasn't in stock?

My head hurts trying to figure that out.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

My link landed upon the battery and there was a tab for the charging station on the page which indicated when clicked on that the charging station was out of stock. 

schumaku
Master
Master

NETthisGEAR is a Spam monkey. The only reason for this user (or this Bot) to post here is distributing Amazon Affiliate Link Spam.

Can't Netgear get rid of such users and add these Amazon Affiliate links to the block list please?

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
For those in Cincinnati, the Norwood Lowes shows a quantity of 99,999. I just ordered one for store pickup. I will post my experience.

-Bob
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

So I assume they have 99,998 left?

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lowes doesn’t carry the charging stations in stock, it's a special order item only. I'm still trying to get my $64.19 refunded to my credit card.Smiley Mad

2017-04-07.png

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

tomncincy, the Lowe's website for me indicates I can pick it up tomorrow at my local lowe's store.  Is that what you also encountered and it ended up not true?

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice

I purchased one from Lowes.com Friday evening for pickup Saturday at my local store.

So far nothing. The store says the order is "in process" and I will be notified when it is ready for pickup. I asked for an estimated pickup date and they said they can't provide one.

-Bob

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

ryanr256,

Sounds like Lowe's is knowingly misleading the customer on their website.  I suggest escalating your problem quickly and maybe report it to the FTC where there is a complaint section for online purchases.  I will allow a lot of latitude with a business until they are doing something dishonest then I fast track my actions.  Here Lowe's claims the Arlo Pro charging station is in your local store for same day pickup with a huge quantity in their overall inventory while it is apparently bogus.  The Lowe's website also says the charging station is available at my local store and I bet it is not.  At this point Lowe's should offer you a easy refund if desired without the misery tomncincy is going thru.

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'll probably go through the same misery. I also ordered from Nebraska Furniture Mart. I've received an order confirmation email but no shipping notification. They now show the charging station as out of stock.

I think I'm going to strike out from both places.

-Bob
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is when Netgear should step up to the plate explaining the issues of availability for their previously released charging stations and provide a current projected availability date.  Silence by Netgear only serves to anger their customers more.  The truth regardless of the pain is always respected more by the customer than silence.  It is also not helping Netgear's image either with some of the vendors such as Lowe's and Nebraska Furniture Mart pretending the charging stations are available in an apparent sleazy attempt to lock in the sale therefore leaving a bad experience in the customers mind connected to a Netgear product.

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nebraska Furniture Mart did have them in stock, they just sold out fast once word got out. Lowe's on the other hand is another story. Smiley Mad

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM LOWE'S! THIS ITEM IS SPECIAL ORDER ONLY! Smiley Mad

I'm positive that they do not have the charging stations in stock for pickup or delivery. I'm not sure if you will have the same issue getting a refund if you ordered for pickup, all I know is that as of today I'm still having issues getting my refund. In a nutshell what I was told by Lowe’s is that the problem is their system shows it shipped and delivered when in fact the order has not. The way it was explained to me is, that Lowe's has to cancel the purchase order that they issued to their supplier then once that's completed Lowe's can issue a refund to my credit card.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

So Lowe's is just drop shipping the charging stations from their supplier without really knowing the supplier stock availability and at the same time falsely indicating the merchandise is in stock in their stores.  They are misleading the customer.  The refund issues is their battle to fight and should not be yours to experience.

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
Stopped in the store (Lowes) tonight. The nice lady in Customer Service says her computer tells her it's scheduled to be received by the store tonight and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

-Bob
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

ryanr256,

I'm sure the Lowe's rep was real nice and fully believes her computer.  From the experience of others I would be elated if you actually were able to pick it up tomorrow.  Please let us know.

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well, I got a shipping notice tonight from Nebraska Furniture Mart. 🙂

I will check with Lowes again on Tuesday evening.

If by chance I wnd upbwith two, I'll offer it here for my cost.

-Bob
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went to my local Lowe's today for which their website stated the charging stations were in stock at my store.  No Arlo merchandise what so ever anywhere in the store.  I did find a very limited amount of 2-3 other brands of equipment.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

tomncincy/ryanr256,

Did either of you receive your charging station from Lowe's or get an update?  Is the Nebraska Furniture Mart shipment actually moving from place to place along the shipment path?  FYI, charging station is still out of stock at Best Buy and Amazon.  Also did a Google shopping search and was only available for special order from other retailers.  I will purchase one the next time Best Buy says they are in stock.  My guess they will be in stock at all the retailers at same time as they may all come off the same ocean or air shipping container or group of containers.  The last time the charging stations were actually available Best Buy and Amazon ran out real quick so they must have not gotten many in.