Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
When Arlo Pro Charging Station (VMA4400C) I been looking for it all of them is out of stock when it suppose to release it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The target release date for the Arlo Pro Charging Station is March of this year.

JamesC

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic requesting more information on this products release date. I will post an update once I have more information.

JamesC

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC,

Good Morning! I was wondering if you have any new information relating to the release date of the Arlo Pro charging station? I, like so many others, would like to purchase one as soon as possible. Some of my cameras are wired, but the majority are not and I would benefit greatly by using this charger. Thanks for any updates!

DennisC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The target release date for the Arlo Pro Charging Station is March of this year.

JamesC

Schwab1
Guide
Guide
James I will believe it when i see them. I am not buying anymore Netgear products like others this has left a bad tadte in my mouth. Netgear should take this crap back and refund our money
tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Odd, last week B & H canceled my order and removed the item from thier website. Amazon changed the estimated shipping date from March 2nd to between  April 5th & May 3rd but you already know that since you deleted a comment I posted earlier today on a different thread about this issue. 

With that being said Netgear and by extension you have forfeited any and all creditability concerning this matter.

Quoted verbatim.

NETGEAR Support
12/13/2016 7:53 PM

Hi Tom,

Good day! Thank you for taking time to contact us at NETGEAR Arlo Support.

About your concern, the Arlo Pro Charging station was already released in the market. I believe you should be able to buy the charging station on some of our authorized resellers such as Best Buy and Amazon. Kindly check the link below if you wish to order the Arlo Pro charging station:

Best Buy Online:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/arlo-arlo-pro-security-camera-charging-station-white/5665610.p?skuId=566...

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Pro-Charging-Station-Wire-Free/dp/B01LXPAY47

Hope this helps, Tom. Take care.

Kind Regards,

Pearl
Expert ID: 46196
NETGEAR Arlo Support Expert

Schwab1
Guide
Guide
Just checked. Best biy, out pf stock. Amazon, ships in 1 to 2 months. What kind of crap is this metgear?
Moose101
Initiate
Initiate

I fully agree, I've been reading and this has been going on for about 4-5 months and no sign of any Charging Station being sold anywhere.

As was pointed out "1 to 2 months" on AMAZON.COM... really you might as well say you are NOT RELEASING IT.

Amazon.ca " Currently unavailable, We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

BestBuys and all the other ones are OUT OF STOCK, as in we don't know what you are talking about.

This commumnity should CROWD-FUND a charging station and sell it back to NETGEAR that way maybe they will have a product out they somewhat advertised!

Is Belkin out with one yet 😉 haha

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic and requested an update on this products availability. I will post back with more information soon.

JamesC

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can completely relate to your frustration. I have had 3 of them on order with Amazon since this past November when I purchased my Arlo Pro system.
B & H canceled my order and removed the charging stations from their website all together.Smiley Mad

Moose101
Initiate
Initiate

Hey Tom,

I understand your frustrations and have read the comment that NETGEAR has just deleted that you wrote... which makes sense and I don't know why they delete it as it's public and I see your comment even thou it's gone from the Forum.

I'm not sure what they are trying to hide as we all know that there is NO SUCH THING as a Charging Station...

James, personally I would be embarrassed at posting these comments that you will look into it. It seems that it has not helped and you have been posting that for a while with no results! 

slickman
Star
Star

WHat's going on with this charging station??  You sell a product then say you are going to release a charging station for months, well here it is....   I'm starting to think  this was a bad move replace my system with an Arlo.  With all the negative publicity you have been getting, I would make sure your customers are happy.  But that does not seem to be the case here, looks like all lip service.

cgjoe85
Aspirant
Aspirant

21 days later... any update JamesC?

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
So far there no charging station it doesn't exist. i have check all major store online best buy and amazion doesnt have it.
BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

pcuser, I suspect the initial supply of chargers was not enough to support the massive demand. I didn't even have one on backorder and simply looked at Best Buy's website one afternoon and they had them in stock! I was lucky enough to get mine and two spare batteries. I feel sure more are on the way, but you will have to move quickly for both the charger and spare batteries! Take care and good luck to you! 

IMG_2794.JPG

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

I see the arlo pro charging station for sale at Best Buy online and in store in Canada.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here at NETGEAR, we pride ourselves on delivering quality products that meet our high standards and requirements for performance and safety. Additional time was spent testing to ensure this product meets consumer expectations.

We sincerely apologize that this has taken longer than expected and are doing all that we can to expedite the shipping process to our retail channels. As soon as we can confirm availability, I will post an update.

JamesC

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

James,

Thank you for your quick reply! Having worked in a manufacturing environment my entire life, I fully understand the many challenges in bringing a technical or complicated product to market. I fully agree with your statement about the quality of Netgear's products and the necessity for thorough testing too. I have found Netgear's products, and especially the Arlo line, to be of excellent quality!  No one wants to see a replay of the Samsung exploding battery scenario, other safety issues or poor quality. Hopefully, the supply chain will soon rectify this present issue and everyone can all simply enjoy their Arlo camera systems. Thanks once again James!

Dennis 

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bigdennis57, you are very lucky in being able to obtain an charging station and a provided picture to prove you actually have it in captivity!  Congrats!  Since you have had the charging station for a couple of weeks please let us know so far the likes and dislikes you have.

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

oillogger,

YES SIR, luck normally doesn't work in my favor, but this time was different! I was actually telling another Arlo Pro owner how it is impossible to find the two-bay chargers, when he steps up and tells me that Best Buy has them! I told him he was nuttier than squirrel poop, but sure enough, they had them and I purchased mine right there on the spot! I really love this charger! The batteries are loaded from either end and kind of clip in while they are being charged. Charging time varies, but the worst of batteries usually charge in 3 hours or so. While the unit is charging, the LEDs are yellow and they turn to green once a full charge is achieved. You simply push the battery and it springs out, which allows you to grab the end and pull it the rest of the way out of the charger. It has been refreshing always having two spare batteries charged and ready to go! This might be my immagination, but it seems like the batteries actually receive a more thorough charge as well. I have seen a couple of our batteries run well over a week and never even budge from 100%. In either case, we are loving this charger and I sincerely hope supplies catch up with the demand and you guys are able to acquire one soon!! Take care and enjoy your day oillogger!!

Dennis 

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

BigDennis57, thanks for the informative, detailed report with a little added humor for that folksy touch.  Exactly what we needed to know.

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

You are most certainly welcome oillogger!! It is truly amazing what we can learn from other's experiences and I am always willing to throw my wins and mistakes out there for anyone to learn from!! I learned from another user that he was experiencing haziness, while using Arlo Pro skins on his outdoor cameras. WE WERE TOO!! I removed the skins this past weekend and BAM no more haziness or spiders for that matter. Something about the visor sections were causing the IR to reflect or something. I just know the problem went away and video now looks great! 

Gottria
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm really surprised there isn't an aptermarket battery and charger yer.

screech610
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's pretty upsetting that they still have not released more of the chargers, or the outdoor charger.    

You need to give us some sort of discount on this item, because I know I only purchased the cameras thinking I could have backup batteries ready and not have to take down the cameras each time I need to charge them.  Which by the way is a hell of lot more often than quoted on your website.  `Once a month so far.   Pretty bad.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

screech610, I have my four Arlo Pro cameras set for Optimized video recording and so far my batteries are all over 40% power remaining after 8 weeks.