Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ractrull
Initiate
Initiate

when I open my Arlo account my cameras don’t show up. Only a page that says add new device. Has anyone had the problem?  How did you correct?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is investigating an issue that is occurring for some iOS users that results in cameras not appearing in the Arlo mobile app. For more information on this issue, please check https://status.arlo.com for updates.

JamesC

54 REPLIES 54
Jlymon
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of my devices disappeared from the Arlo app for me and my other family members.  I saw some threads about a month ago, but never saw a solution: just that Arlo escalated the issue and was working on a fix.  Is there a solution?

CS0264
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I go into the app there are no cameras listed. However I am still getting motion alerts.   There is no library of recording see you there can someone help?

NewLifeTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue on two accounts!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CS0264 wrote:

When I go into the app there are no cameras listed. However I am still getting motion alerts.   There is no library of recording see you there can someone help?

Are you seeing everything as normal using a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Ar718
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are not alone. Many people are reporting this issue this morning. Not sure if Arlo tech team knows about this so far. Tried hard reset base station did not help. Tried logging out and in didn’t work either. Funny thing I am still getting notifications from the camera. But no cameras listed in the app and no recordings either.

Greymantle
Initiate
Initiate

Yesterday I upgraded my IOS from 15 to 16, and now have no access to any of my cameras, can't see recordings, and Arlo is essentially is useless. I have 8 cameras covering two different physical addresses, and none of them appear, and four of the cameras are 2000 miles away so I can't manually do anything with them. Everything was working PERFECTLY until IOS update. What's happened?

Scott2997
Star
Star

I'm having the exact same issue - no hub or cameras in the app.  However, they all show correctly through the my.arlo.com website.  

I even tried reinstalling the app - no go.

Funny thing is when I try a support option - it shows all my cameras and hubs available to choose from to try to obtain support.

Are we supposed to just wait and see if they reappear?

Only thing that has changed on my app/phone is upgrading to iOS 16.1

JojoH
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here, I have 5 cams (3 Arlo Pro + 2 Essential XL) + doorbell, today I only see 2 XL cams and doors, others (3 arlo pro cams) are not showing in the app, also no recorded footage from the 3 cams.  I tried restart and reboot base, but no help.

Update: I can see all cams on my.arlo.com

backfire_tx
Guide
Guide

Its not the IOS change to 16. We were on 16 for about a month.  Arlo did a SW upgrade. That nuked the apps.

It appears that it was rolled out recently.

Rhawk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Already tried that as well

CS0264
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

Srack
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ssme issue here - iOS 16.1 upgrade is the culprit most likely - rebooting base station now.

Base station reboot didn't work. This is an issue with iOS 16.1 for sure.

Argh. I guess Arlo didn't test the beta the past few months. 😞

MBooker
Tutor
Tutor

After installing iOS 16.0 all my cameras disappeared on the Arlo app and I can’t figure out how to get them to show up again. 
The iOS 16.0 has a feature that integrates all smart Home devices. I have a feeling it has hijacked the Arlo app somehow. 
Anyone having a similar problem???

Srack
Apprentice
Apprentice

Known issue, its affecting IOS 16.1 upgrade users and me included.

Spants
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything is working fine on my Arlo App: I can see cameras and they are recording and sending alerts, but the device settings won't load anymore if I click on any of my 3 cameras.  I already restarted the base station and the app has all updates. 

Getting worried that I am seeing so many different problems recently.....Are people still driving the Arlo ship?

backfire_tx
Guide
Guide

OK this time when pulling up IOS app. Arlo Updated it appears. Now is is saying at top

"please enable push from settings". So you have to go to settings and enable notifications for arlo. Then it works again. 

SUPPORT is so very bad. Let the user beware.

Evarrich
Initiate
Initiate

Nothing but problems and crap support. All cameras just disappeared from app. Now keep syncing over and over and can’t get them all back. Any ideas?

Jlymon
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue appears to be fixed now

Scott2997
Star
Star

My cameras appear to have returned as well.  Must've been a momentary glitch on their end.

tschn
Guide
Guide

It is occurring on more than just 16.0 so I do not think its related to that, but is something that the Arlo team broke in their recent app update.  Frustrating from a user experience that one you break the system, but two that there is no proactive communication that it will happen or how to address it and we have to come here and have someone guess at what to try that just happens to work.

Greymantle
Initiate
Initiate

I simultaneously lost access on my iPad (IOS 15), and my wife's iPhone (also IOS 15), and when I tried to drop everything and redo from scratch, it's now REQUIRING a subscription (which I've never had/needed), and without a "subscription" I can't even view the camera live--it's not showing up at all, even though it's "activated" and running.

Sounds like corporate-sponsored Customer defrauding to me. And the problem is that without a "subscription" it's not possible to do any real troubleshooting to determine, and that's waylaying!

Ar718
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I just noticed it too. 😀

JojoH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now all cams have come back in the app.

SRunions
Tutor
Tutor

All function looks to be restored now, both Devices and recordings ! Thank you