Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
fordstang93
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Have a VMB4000r3 base and 3 Arlo Pro Cameras that stopped detecting motion out of the blue about 2 months ago. I have confirmed that all batteries are fully charged, the base is Armed, alert rules are accurate, and sensitivity is at 80% on each camera. I have pulled the battery and let site for over 1 minute and then put battery back in, no luck. If I attempt to live view any camera it just flickers and doesn't keep streaming. There are no motion events in the library. I saw someone else mentioned they had similar issues and they deleted the cameras from their system and re-added. I did that and it DID work. Motion alerts and notifications came back but only for 3-4 days then they all stopped again. Any help would be appreciated since Arlo doesn't provide that direct apparently...

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fordstang93 wrote:

I saw someone else mentioned they had similar issues and they deleted the cameras from their system and re-added. I did that and it DID work. Motion alerts and notifications came back but only for 3-4 days then they all stopped again. 

When this happens, does it affect all cameras at the same time?  Or just some?

Also, when it happens, what is the status you are seeing on the base LEDs?

Did you try power-cycling the base?  Or did you only try removing/reinserting the camera batteries?

fordstang93
Tutor
Tutor

Once it happens, the whole system is in this state until I delete the cameras and re add them. I have power cycled the base station too, that was one of the first steps I did along with removing the battery from the cameras. 

The lights on the base station are all green solid besides the Internet one that blinks occasionally. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fordstang93 wrote:

The lights on the base station are all green solid besides the Internet one that blinks occasionally. 

Are they still showing green status when the problem occurs?

Also, maybe check the attached device list in the router the next time this happens, and see if the base station is still listed there.

fordstang93
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. The system is currently in this broken state and the lights don’t change when I try to view the cameras or when I try to trigger a motion event. 

I’ll check the router…

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fordstang93 wrote:

Yes. The system is currently in this broken state and the lights don’t change when I try to view the cameras or when I try to trigger a motion event. 

I am guessing a failing base station, but honestly I haven't seen posts with your specific failure mode posted here before.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in case they have some additional suggestions.