Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Cameras Speaker Has Low Volume

Discussion stats
Ede3030
Follower
Follower

I bought these cameras to be able to speak through them and have people or dogs easily hear. We can't barely hear the voice through the cameras. I have the most recent firmware and it's still so low. How can I increase the cameras speaker volume?! Or should I return them?

58 REPLIES 58
ROCKBASE
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased our second arlo system, to add more cameras w/out using a cloud fee. Anyway, the first system had no speaker, this one does, and on our S6 we use for satalite tracking and our brand new s9's, the audio is barely hearable (is that a word?) , anyway, im now concerned over the lack of customer support I see here, and i know that ARLO has changed hands. I hope a fix is posted soon as I want / need the speaker function and no fix here would require me to purchase someone elses system.

Fingers crossed. Doug

Jessem
Star
Star

There is no fix for it.  Was same for when I purchased mine.  They even replaced it.  Its a design flaw and seems to be ignored.  I went with Ring but to be honest even Ring has low speaker volume but its a lot better then arlo.  Check to see if your phone has a mic gain in the settings.  Arlo isnt going to fix it.

@ROCKBASE wrote:

We purchased our second arlo system, to add more cameras w/out using a cloud fee. Anyway, the first system had no speaker, this one does, and on our S6 we use for satalite tracking and our brand new s9's, the audio is barely hearable (is that a word?) , anyway, im now concerned over the lack of customer support I see here, and i know that ARLO has changed hands. I hope a fix is posted soon as I want / need the speaker function and no fix here would require me to purchase someone elses system.

Fingers crossed. Doug

wimedina
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking around and noticed that my pro has very low volume. Looking for a fix. My app and cameras has the latest updates

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wimedina

When you mention "low volume", is this a recording, live stream, push to talk session?

wimedina
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, live stream push to talk

-KC-
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Most people have their volume turned way up. You may want to try it yourself! Guru Made an excellent suggestion that works very well. If you plug-in an auxiliary mic to your phone like ear buds and speak through the mic it works great! Maybe you can suggest this to the rest of the customers.
-KC-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Booaoof.
Someone suggested plugging in an auxiliary mic, like your ear phones/buds. I tried it and it works so much better. the speakers are much louder. The problem is within the phones.
-KC-
Aspirant
Aspirant
As someone stated many times if you plug in an auxiliary mic, Like your ear phones/buds to your phone And speak through them the volume on your Arlo speakers are much louder. The problem is within the phones.
-KC-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jessem, Arlo cannot fix this. It is within the phones themselve. If you plug in an auxiliary mic to your phones like earbuds/earphones And speak through them, The speakers work great on the cameras.
Try it your self and would love to hear a response?