Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two of my cameras are rapidly draining battery. Within range of Base Station. Charging twice a week.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chase84
Guide
Guide

So I am beyond frustrated and annoyed. I have 7 Alro Pro cameras and 1 Arlo original camera. Two of my cameras are rapidly draining battery again (This happened a year ago with botched firmware). The two cameras in question are within 15 feet of the base station. I am charging them at least twice a week. They go from 100% to 0% in 3 or 4 days with 0 recordings. The system is in armed mode all of the time but the cameras are always set to off (smartthings user) and are only enabled when we are out which is not much with covid or at night. There are never recordings on them. I do not know why this keeps happening. I opened a ticket with Netgear but have not heard back yet and I am sure it will be a pretty basic reply. Wondering if anyone else is running into this? My Arlo Audio doorbell a few weeks ago was doing this. Kept replacing the batteries every two days. I am an IT guy and nothing here has changed other than most likely another botched firmware update.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Chase84,

Have you tried changing your power setting to "Best Battery Life" to see if that helps?

You can read more about it here to learn how to extend the battery life: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life?

Chase84
Guide
Guide
Sure have. This issue is happening in 3 to 4 days with 0 recordings having been taken.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.