Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera won't sync. I really tried everything or?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CalleP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

It all started that my base station didnt find my cameras. So I tried to do a factory reset on the base station (without removing the cameras from the base station/software first).

Now it's impossible to sync them with my base station. It's like they are paired/synced to the "old" base station that I did a factory reset on? Is that possible?
I really want to try to do a factory reset on my cameras as well but that's seems impossible on Arlo Pro (VMC 4030) ?

The believe the cameras works fine because they for ex. indicate when theres low power on batteries ex.

Anyone that could help me. 

I tried the following things.

1. Removed the batteries for 48h (to factory reset camera)
2. Pressed sync button two seconds.
3. Pressed synd button three times
4. Removed batteries and plugged in Arlo charger. (Did 2, 3 again)
5. Hold sync button for 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds...
6. Bought new batteries.

Please help me! 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've always removed cameras before the base but I don't think it matters. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You can't reset the cameras - it's all about the syncing. Make sure you don't hold the base sync button for 2 seconds - just briefly press it to get the Camera LED blinking. You may want/need to remove everything in Settings, My Devices as well as hold the base reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot, claim it and sync the camera remembering to not hold the base sync button for 2 seconds.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull batteries and replace to reset the cameras.

At base, quickly press the sync button ( DONT HOLD ) and then press the camera sync button.

a slow flash to fast blue means it works.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CalleP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, then it's something really wrong 😞

When I push "Sync" on the camera (VMC4030) it will blink orange once, and then twice in a second or two.
Never this blue syncing/pairing blinking 😞 Any suggestions? 

Is it possible to check or update firmware via USB maybe? Or do a reset? It feels like everything else working fine. Correct blue led when connecting charger, orange blink when running low bat.. It's just the "sync" functions that seems out of order because not showing any blue blinking led. 😕

CalleP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also tried that one TomMac. Read your replay in this community somewhere.

The thing is that I dont get that blue sync lights from my cameras when pressing the camera button.. 😞 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That really sounds like weak batteries. Maybe in the time between working, resetting the base and trying to get them working again they ran down. If you plug the camera into the charger with the battery installed how long does it take until the blue LED on the camera lights up, indicating a full charge? If it's quick, the batteries may need to be "shocked" into life again. There's an FAQ in the support section here on how to revive dead batteries which requires plugging in the camera several times to get enough charge in the battery to be able to fully charge.