Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera will not activate on motion as it has. Battery Holding full charge. Mic works

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
emf713
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Camera holding full charge.  Not activating when motion present, but Mic works fine.  I tried to re-sinc -- nothing changed.

7 REPLIES 7
Doubleobrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Have 2 cameras attached at each end of the house; main camera above garage doesn't activate on motion, while the front porch one works.... (porch has 1 notification, Driveway 0).

Please help!
emf713
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the modification?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat mode are you using? Is the motion icon for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray?

emf713
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 4 of my cameras are set on ACTIVE mode, the other settings are grey.  Here is the latest:

I have 4 camers all are in the "Armed" mode.  I think I just solved the problem (camera OFF) by opening the battery door, removing the battery for about 5 seconds, reinstalling it and turning the camera ON.   It seems to be activating on motion now.      Thanks for the reply

emf713
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 camers all are in the "Armed" mode.  I think I just solved the problem (camera OFF) by opening the battery door, removing the battery for about 5 seconds, reinstalling it and turning the camera ON.   It seems to be activating on motion now.      Thanks for the reply

emf713
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jquerdat,    I have 4 camers all are in the "Armed" mode.  I think I just solved the problem (camera OFF) by opening the battery door, removing the battery for about 5 seconds, reinstalling it and turning the camera ON.   It seems to be activating on motion now.      Thanks for the reply

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, keep that solution in mind for the future. Computer equipment of all kinds sometimes need  a kick in the arse to work. Resetting the camera that way and rebooting the base are always first troubleshooting steps.