Guru Guru
Guru

@KarsonK2 wrote:

I updated my Arlo app and now my camera will not record

Others have reported that these steps resolve it:

• remove base and cameras from the account
  • reset the base with a paper clip
  • add everything back to your account.

But the mods have also been able to resolve this remotely for some folks, so I am tagging @BrookeN , @JamesC , and @ShayneS to alert them to your problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KarsonK2 

Are you still experiencing this? 

ArloPhiet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues.  The last recording in my Library is from June 13, 2024 at 9:37PM local time.  After that, no recordings have been initiated/saved.  I have recharged all batteries, reset the base station and cameras.  I usually have dozens of recordings each day, but none for the last 36+ hours.  I verified that my cameras do work, as I am able to view live feeds.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be clear since too many folks think rebooting or power cycling the base is a "reset" (it's not), did you actually reset by removing the base and cameras from your account and set the system back up as new? Using the base reset button for >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber may also be needed after removing all devices.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Using the base reset button for >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber may also be needed after removing all devices.

I suggest using a paper-clip to reset the base.  It doesn't take long, and insures you are really starting fresh.