Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BellaR
Tutor
Tutor

I've noticed that my Arlo Pro camera hasn't been recording for the past week.  It shows motion when you walked in front of it but nothing is being recorded.  The battery is charged and I have great internet connection.  I tried restarting the base station but nothing has changed. I can get a live view from the camera but that is it. The running man is black  not greyed out. I read through previous discussions about this and there is no where on my mobile app or on the website to "restart" the camera.  All I can do is remove the camera.  Any suggestions on how to get the camera working again?

11 REPLIES 11
axcel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having the same issue.  Arlo released a update to ios 2 days ago that fixed the video freezing up, however it did not fix the notifications and alerts when motion is captured.  The only way I know there was motion is because it shows up under my CVR feed.  This is getting very frustrating!  I only have this issue on my Pro 2 cameras and not my other cameras.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There is currently an issue that when CVR is enabled, no recordings are made to the library.  I was able to fix this on my Arlo Q by removing the camera from Arlo Smart (go to "Manage Arlo Smart", click on "Edit" and drag the camera into the inactive area).  I then needed to restart the camera.  I don't know if the same fix will work for Arlo Pro 2.

You could also disable CVR and that will fix it too (at the cost of no CVR).

axcel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow that sucks. I was going to pull the battery and see if that worked. Hopefully Arlo can get their software together.
BellaR
Tutor
Tutor

I went into Manage Arlo Smart settings and dragged my camera to inactive cameras.  How do I restart it? Do I need to take the camera down and take the battery out?  There is no where on the website or the app to "restart it". This is so frustrating!

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't have an Arlo Pro 2, so I don't know if there is any way to restart it from the app.  The Arlo Q and Q Plus have a "Restart" button right next to the "Remove Device" button on the bottom of the device page.  If the Pro 2 does not have this, then you would need to restart it manually by removing the battery.  You might also want to restart the base station (the Q and Q Plus act as their own base) just in case that matters.

In my opinion, any camera with CVR should have the ability to restart it remotely, since streaming for long periods of time can cause issues in any IP camera.

axcel
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got off the phone with tech support and they advised me to delete the Camera from my base station and re add it. We’ll see if that works.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@BellaR wrote:

I went into Manage Arlo Smart settings and dragged my camera to inactive cameras.  How do I restart it? Do I need to take the camera down and take the battery out?  There is no where on the website or the app to "restart it". This is so frustrating!

If you used the Smart settings to deactivate Smart on a camera it has no effect on anything else. Besides, you can't use the app or web to restart a camera, just bases. If you want to restart/reset a camera you have to pull the battery and reinsert it.

There's never been a restart selection for a camera.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@jguerdat wrote:

There's never been a restart selection for a camera.

Every camera that has ever had CVR before the Pro 2 has had the ability to restart from the app/web.  So I guess it all depends on your perspective.  I would certainly call the Arlo Q and Q Pro cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I did miss that the Q (and Go) cameras have a restart capability since they don't use a separate base station (it's effectively built-in). However, you'll have to point me to a restart capability on any of the wireless cameras. On/off is all you can do and that's not a restart.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

By its nature, CVR is not supported on "wireless cameras".  Again, anything with CVR should have the ability to restart, and this was the case until the Arlo Pro 2 decided not to do it.  The Pro 2 is not a wireless camera when it is has CVR.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Pro camera on AC power so don't see this. Good catch.