Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera help

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I want to give everyone fair warning about the Arlo Pro cameras and the so called support on them.  I have three Arlo Pros and have had some difficulties with them in the past but at least they would power on and so called "work."  I started with two and then foolishly added a third.  Well one of them just died all together and one battery went dead about the same time.  So I chatted with support, knowing already that I was out of warranty, but thought maybe there was something I could try in order to get it working.  Needless to say support was of no help and just kept saying "I understand."  Which as a consumer is absolutely no help.  Basically just a way of saying, "Yeah too bad. Youre SOL and don't call back."

So now I'm just waiting for my other two cameras to die and then find another, more reliable security camera that. last longer than 3 years.  So good job Netgear.  You win.  I was a fool for going with the Arlo cameras in the first place.  Congratulations.

20 REPLIES 20
kristyesavageti
Tutor
Tutor
my camera died exactly one year after i purchased. Arlo is the worse customer service and products that have ever been made. i will contact consumer ombudsman to get the money back.
storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ouch - 3 years, but batteries will die after a while.  It makes no difference whether its a laptop, phone, or an Arlo camera.   But if a replacement battery is installed and it still doesn't work, that is a different problem.  I would expect the camera itself to last a bit more than 3 years.   I'm going to be into mine 2yr shortly and had a rocky start with charging cable going bad (Which support never did replace), but after buying another solar panel (Which comes with a cable), Knock on Wood I have been golden.  

The Arlo group needs to set up a full online store, where owners can buy parts or complete Arlo systems (they have this ability today, but no parts).    

But today this is not available to a end user.    Hope they can get their act together.

Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor

I know only 3 years for the camera and the battery.  I was expecting a longer life out of at least the cameras.  I understand batteries going but not the camera

Thank you,

J
Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor

Yes.  It’s kind of surprising.  I figured my cameras would all last at least 5 + years but I guess not.

Thank you,

J
Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor

It says my issue was solved.  Has a box at the top of my post and it says go to solution. What a bunch of air.   Solved. Not likely unless you consider me getting screwed out of $150.00 I guess.

So disappointed Netgear.

kristyesavageti
Tutor
Tutor
they cant fix anything but they manage to ruin your cameras. I boight a Xiaomi PTZ and the company which is chinese based they replied to my email and made it run when the software had issues, simple as that. Arlo is a disappointing company.
Bob1955
Aspirant
Aspirant

This system is worthless. Very unreliable goes offline for no particular reason. Netgear should stop selling this system and refund everyone’s money. 

Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor

Mine too.  You would think Netgear would reach out after reading some of these and other threads but just like their customer support they are worthless.

kristyesavageti
Tutor
Tutor
There is nothing they can do about the cameras, no option to fix. they been sending me same email for over 2
months from different operatives with different working arrangements. i just unplugged the camera as its useless. i bought a Xiaomi Ptz £20.
MacD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just want to say I am as disappointed as everyone else here.

I bought a 3 camera w/ base station system less than three years ago. Right after warranty expired, one camera up and died with no reason that I can find. Support says too bad, we're not replacing it.

Over the last month I've had to restart my base station about 4 times, and one of the two remaining cameras randomly has stopped working more times than I can count and I have to reconnect it. Climb up on a ladder to hit the button to reconnect it, btw. Has nothing to do with batteries. All of this usually happens when I'm out of town or away from the house, which means my security system is more of a liability system until I get home to restart the network or camera or both.

Really frustrated with and disappointed in this whole system and lack of concern support has about leaving people without the security they paid for. 😡

Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor
I agree with all of you. This system is worthless. We might as well get fake ones and use those. They be the same as the Arlo cameras. And it’s good to see netgear Really cares about it’s customers as evidenced by them monitoring the community posts. NOT! You would think they would and at least apologize for selling such a crap product.
Robphillips
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello out there.  I just have two basic questions... Help please.  What is best arlo camera for game recordling that does well in the dark?  Also, how the hell does an old guy like me get to talk to someone without all this chat stuff.  Sorry, Im lost an frustrated because Arlo decided to eliminate any phone calls apparently.  I love the cameras.  Own three and want to buy 6 more if anyone cares.

kristyesavageti
Tutor
Tutor
If i were you i wouldn’t invest anymore in Arlo as their support while the warranty is finished is zero. Mine stopped working one day after the warranty and they cant fix it. Thats 150£ wasted, bin as i cant view live stream. I would buy a Xiaomi they do nice camera and good quality and for 50$ you get an outdoor with night vision and free motion detection cloud storage
Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor

Excellent advice.  I will not sink another dime into this disappointing product/company.

kristyesavageti
Tutor
Tutor
Another embarrassing reply with no results from Arlo after 2 months of no solution or able to fix the camera remotely, they are asking if i still want the camera to be fixed(keep the issue open).. Bunch of characters. Everyone with Arlo should consider selling it asap or be ready to lose it.
dssoffice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't waste your money on buying more cameras. Arlo doesn't support its customers

kristyesavageti
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo doesnt care about its customer and they cant fix any fault. Their hang my case for 2 months with receiving same email and due to their inactivity the case was close. check the attach.
dssoffice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I temporarily withdraw my critical comment above.  After 2 hours of trying to get help I finally connected with a support member named Glaiza who gave me a recommendation for restoring motion detection  which is working, albeit in a weaker manner

Soupcups
Tutor
Tutor

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT buy anymore Arlo cameras.  They stop working typically after a year or so and then they're response to your inquiries regarding a fix or replacement is "sorry.  Too bad."  

look at my thread and you will see how many people have been screwed and/or let down by Arlo/Netgear.  I would not suggest you dump anymore money into your system.  Yea they might work now but give it a few years and they'll quit working.

kristyesavageti
Tutor
Tutor
Totally agree, mine currently is in the drawer as they couldn't give any advice how to get rid of the message”update...” which was triggered exactly when the warranty date ended(early October) but update was available since May. Its a dodgy company and i will never buy anythingy related with them. I also posted on their facebook page so everyone knows about their useless and worthless customer care.