Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera green image

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Have had my Arlo Pro system running for two weeks now.  I have already added a third camera and about to order another.  However, I noted this morning that one of the cameras started displaying some new quirks.  When I checked the camera this morning for the first time the dsplay was set from default to total brightness.  Not sure how that happened but I didn't do it.

Also, now when I view a recording in the library, the recording starts completely engulfed in a bright green tint.  After a second or so, it reverts to the normal view but without fail, each and every replay starts out with the green tint, just on this camera.

I shut it off in the app settings then back on; no change.  I pulled it down from the tree it is mounted to and shut it off and recharged it as it was reduced to 25%.  This is a different issue but I have it recording for 10 sec, on motion only and set to best battery life.  After two weeks, it is at 25%.  The other two cameras, with same settings are at 51%.  Their batteries will never last 4-6 months at that rate.

In any event, what might be causing the green tint?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The green might be a bit of interference. How far from the base is the camera? A lot of us have had some issues with pixelated videos from Arlo Pro cameras including green parts of the video and ghosting of moving objects. There's another thread on it. In the meantime, try to reduce the distance from the camera to base and reduce things in the signal's path

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the response.  Actually, I have the camera as close as I can get it to the base station.  That is, it is the closest tree.  But, it shows a very strong WiFi signal and, after two weeks, this is the first time I have seen this green phenomenon.

While waiting for some guidance, I used the app to reboot the base staton and the green disappeared.  So, we shall see.

I too wish the video the cameras produce were a bit more detailed but, for the cost, they are pretty good.  They remind me of the warning you see in your car's rearview mirror, 'Objects are closer than they appear.'  That certainly applies here, but, I can live with it and just hope there will be quality improvements over time.

Right now, I am concerned about battery life.  I think I have the settings in the most efficient positions but the batteries do seem to be depleting too quickly.

Still learning.  Thanks.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, no sooner than I say a reboot of the base station fixed the green tint issue, than I start receiving the crazy pixelation on the recordings.  I also charged the batteries again to 100%. As stated my system is only a couple weeks old and these problems are only just now surfacing.  A second camera is now starting to flash the green tint.

I see from the multitude of posts regarding this issue that it is quite a common problem that certainly needs to be addressed by Netgear.  I have another Arlo Pro sitting in my Amazon shopping cart.  Guess I will put that purchase on hold in the hope that they will resolve this issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RaylanC,

You might consider relocating the base station as nearby wireless devices could be causing interference. Put as much distance as possible between the base station and any other WiFi devices and see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.  I am kind of limited to where I can move the base.  Small ranch house but if things do not improve, I will try.

Main concern now is the battery life.  Not very good so far.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can move the base by using either a long Ethernet cable or a WiFi extender that has an Ethernet port for the base to connect to.