Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
IanBoyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the update,  Version3.0.1_28335 on 02/04/2021 all the cameras no longer have the speach facility, when you click on the microphone icon you get the message "Connection failed. Tap this message to retry." Also all the camearas are out of synchronisation. The same person can be in different rooms at the same time, they are not in real time. Starting up time can take upto 30 seconds. There is 'absolutely' nothing wrong with the broad band both ends .

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But what about the camera to base connection? Have you rebooted the base, your phone and reinstalled the app? Has any wireless device been moved and/or installed recently that could be interfering with the signal? It's a local condition that only you can track down. We can offer suggestions but you gotta do the legwork.

IanBoyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your response, much appreciated. I live 250 miles away from the installation, but next time I vist my 95 year old mother I will do as you suggest. Just seems so odd that it stopped working properly after the update. Again, thank you for you advice.

IanBoyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not been able to visit my mother's house in order to re-boot the system as you kindly suggested, hence the delay in responding. However, owing to the recent update and a power cut the microphones/speakers are now working. Thank you very much for your response and advice much appreciated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that you can reboot the base by going to Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart selection at the bottom.