Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera Is Offline When I Click Live View

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jw626
Follower
Follower

Recently purchase additional pro base station (VMB4000) on Amazon to extend the distance for my 2cameras in the back of my house.

Install without issue,however,the cameras keep drop out when click to view live video or even without any reason. While it showed offline in the app, my iPhone can still receive notice when I moved camera and trigger motion detect.

I have remove and reset my base station to factory setting several time but the problem remains.

My sense is this base station is defect one. Can anyone guide me to submit a case report and request for suppor? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two things:

1) Your issue may be related to signal strength and/or quality for the connection between the base and camera(s). This can be caused by distance, house construction, other 2.4GHz devices near the base and/or cameras, etc. Try bringing the cameras closer to the base for testing and see if things improve.

2) You may be able to swap the new base at the store. Otherwise, opena a case here by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. The 3rd page will have options for chat and phone.

CJAnders
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently started having this exact same issue - Arlo Pro base with 1 Pro camera and 1 regular camera, "shared" with another account.  Not a new set up, though, it's been set up for a year or so. Ever since updating the app to the most recent version last week, the regular camera shows offline almost all the time, or if it is online, it says it's not streaming when you click Live view when viewing it through the account it is shared to.  It still triggers and records motion.  If I log into the app using the account it is assigned to (not the shared account) or log in to the a web browser with either account, it does not show offline.  I think it might be an issue with the app itself, rather than the camera, since it is only showing offline when viewing through the shared account.

I removed and re-added the camera back, rebooted the base station and none of that made a difference.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi CJAnders,

So this issue only occurred recently with the shared account? Or does it do it with the master account as well? 

CJAnders
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Yes, to clarify - two accounts - account 1 is my master account; account 2 is shared account.  When logged into the IOS app with account 1, 1 of the shared cameras on account 2 constantly goes offline (but is not really offline as it triggers & records fine).  Logged into account 2 in the IOS app, the camera shows online consistently as does logging into the web with either account 1 or account 2.  Hope that makes sense.  Note, after posting this I read through the bug thread for the IOS app and it appears this is a known issue.

CJ

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

CJAnders,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have provided the link here -  Arlo Tech Support

CJAnders
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I hadn't, since it appeared to be an issue with the app, and not the camera - and the camera itself is out of warranty.  Perhpas I will give it a shot through the chat though.

Thanks!