Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Arlo Pro Camera Battery (4TW16B7W17CC0) not charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Pro Camera Battery (4TW16B7W17CC0) no longer accepts charging. Stays at 0%. Any fixes?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you to all those who've read and contributed to trying to solve my battery issues..., after 3 days of trying different things to revive these (5) five batteries, finally, all five are now fully charged!

My findings are... there is no quick fixThere is NO - do steps1, 2, 3. There is NO rhyme or reason how these batteries began to take a charge. The last 3 days, I've tried everything. I've tried freezing the battery, hooking up another 7 volt and 9 volt batteries to them, positive to positive, negative to negative. Nothing worked!!! The only thing that worked was preservierance. Unplug the camera, remove the battery, use the factory charger, let everything sit unplugged for 5-10 minutes. Plug in the charger, plug in the camera, insert the battery, check the status on the app. let it charge for a few minutes..., and do that a million times! Because, one of those times..., it will begin to charge the battery. The last battery took a full day to get it to take a charge. Preservierance - that's what will get these dead batteries to come back to life and start to recharge...

Again, I thank those who came to my aid. Thank You!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap batteries around to see if it's the camera or battery. Make sure you're using the Arlo charger - 5v/9v outputs are needed.

drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat,

Thank you for responding. Prior to my post, I have tried your suggestion to no avail. I have read all the other posts regarding this problem, and so far, nothing has worked. I do have two factory chargers. I do not have a good battery, out of the five I own. These cameras were working great, however, my job status changed, and I removed the system when I left. Everything sat for a year, and now I have a need to use them again. I was just wondering if there were any other remedies to wake these batteries up...

Thank you again!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try this ;

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you to all those who've read and contributed to trying to solve my battery issues..., after 3 days of trying different things to revive these (5) five batteries, finally, all five are now fully charged!

My findings are... there is no quick fixThere is NO - do steps1, 2, 3. There is NO rhyme or reason how these batteries began to take a charge. The last 3 days, I've tried everything. I've tried freezing the battery, hooking up another 7 volt and 9 volt batteries to them, positive to positive, negative to negative. Nothing worked!!! The only thing that worked was preservierance. Unplug the camera, remove the battery, use the factory charger, let everything sit unplugged for 5-10 minutes. Plug in the charger, plug in the camera, insert the battery, check the status on the app. let it charge for a few minutes..., and do that a million times! Because, one of those times..., it will begin to charge the battery. The last battery took a full day to get it to take a charge. Preservierance - that's what will get these dead batteries to come back to life and start to recharge...

Again, I thank those who came to my aid. Thank You!