Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
GTL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,
I just bought the Arlo Pro Systems with 4 cameras today. After we installed all three of them, we realized one of them was not working at all. Even after we switch the normal camera from the others which were working well, it still only had the blue lights shown for only about three seconds..and then not responding at all.
And even when we tried to charge it, it wasn't responding at all.

So what should we do now? Can we just ship the one which seems to be not working back to you and get the one which could be used normally? Or do we really need to return the whole set of the cameras back to you guys?

Please advise!
Thank you ^^

23 REPLIES 23
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, I'd suggest swapping batteries with a working camera.  @TomMac had a bad battery which wouldn't charge and a voltmeter showed low, improper voltages compared to my good battery.  

Since the cameras are new, you may be able to talk with the store to swap a camera and/or battery out but you're more likely going to need to retrun the whole system and swap for another.  If that's not possible, contact support using the (wait for it) Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages to open a case for replacement.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

How were you able to purchase and get the Arlo Pro?  I thought this was not released until next week.  ?

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

Nevermind!  I just picked mine up at Best Buy 🙂 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GTL,

Did swapping the battery out of a working camera change the behavior at all or are you still having the same issue syncing your 4th camera?

Please let us know,

JamesC

GTL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, we do still have the problem with the 4th camera, it is not working and still sitting there.

But the more serious problem is...where can I get the batteries charging station? We bought three extra batteries and then we realized that we couldn't charge them at all. (We have seven of them now.)

There are only few websites are selling them, and they ONLY START to ship around Nov 4 to Nov 14,which means we could only get them around Nov 11 to Nov 21 or even later...
And also, we can't get any at the stores.

So the question is, where can we get the charging station as soon as possible. My other three cameras are only have less than 60% now.. and four extra brand new batteries..

Btw, we left our cameras outside of the house. ..there is no way that we can charge it directly.. ;(
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

With proper caution (I.e. not while raining) you could safely charge while outside. Might take an extension cord and some creativity but it's POWs for the short term.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GTL,

What is indicating the issue with the camera? Are you not able to get it to sync with the base station? Are you getting any error messages?

What is the camera LED behavior when you attempt to sync?

JamesC

RCS1207
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same problem as described in the initial post. Brand new set with two cameras. One boots up and connects perfectly. The other blinks blue when the battery is inserted then turns off. If I push the sync button, 90% of the time nothing happens. The other 10% is blinks blue slowly and then eventually stops without connecting to the base station. Swapping the batteries does not solve the problem. The battery charges just fine. When I am able to connect the camera, I'm still never to pull up the video. It disconnects again within a minute. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you need to open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Tomfgannon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue, 1 of 4 cameras not working..Netgear needs to make it easier for customers to fix this or else a decent product is going to start getting poor reviews on social media.
LaughinGass
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem - bought the 4 pack from Best Buy today and the 4th camera will not sync no matter what. I get 14 quickly flashing blue lights when I plug it into the charger. I swapped around batteries, and all 4 batteries show as 100% in the working cameras. I reset the base station and completely started from scratch. This makes me really sad. I just went through a lot of effort to take down my Nest camera setup, I live in Silicon Valley and am quite technical. Pretty sure this 1 of my 4 cameras is bad. Not sure if I have the patience to work through this with customer service rather than just returning it to Best Buy and maybe trying a fresh set. Either way it's a bummer.

Tomfgannon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same. Bought at Best Buy. Like you, I have technical background so user error is not likely.
Lizajane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, i just purchased mine 1/7/17 also. 1 of my cameras will not work at all. The other will not work unless it is plugged in. I am so dissapointed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swap the system at the store.
mrarca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought an arlo pro 2 camera pack yesterday and having the same problem as OP, one cameras works flawlessly and one is dead as a dorrnail. 

I switched batteries and rebooted eveything, 2nd camera is stone cold dead. I will be returning to Best Buy but not sure I want to have another go around with arlo cause its aggravating and arlo clearly spent more time on the packaging than delivering a product that actually works when I take it out of the box.

I ain't happy arlo, especially at 450 bucks out the door for 2 cameras. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Take out the battery and put it back in but this time try a little force to make sure it gets contact with inside circuitry.. see if that helps.. 

ZoraK9
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing here. 3 cameras work great, 1 DOA.

I'll be headed back to Best Buy to exchange--but Netgear uses so damn much packaging that it's going to be quite a process reassembling everything in the original box.

Sigh...

Kbuhl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem, kept losing connection now won't work at all. I fail to see a contact support link anywhere.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Even at the bottom here?
Kbuhl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contact support not available on mobile version. Did find the button but just brings me to question area. How do I actually contact someone?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're the first person who has tried to mention that you use the mobile version of the site and yer right - Contact Support doesn't exist there.  I've been whining about this for some time but right now here's the link to support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Kbuhl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks!
guru1
Aspirant
Aspirant

i had same problem with 1 of the 4 cameras... on a hunch i suspected the battery wasnt making good contact inside the camera so.... i added a small wad of paper towel material between battery and cover.... boom! worked instantly!