Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Life

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nespagne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got my camera just last Jan 7 and set it up. Based on the Arlo guide they said that the camera is fully charge before leaving the warehouse and it will last 6 months. I am not sure if this is true. Just yesterday one of my camera is already low battery and I charged it for the whole day when I take it off today and went to work, I was just disappointed because I can't access that camera live because it is battery low again and not even just one week 2 out of my 4 camera is already low in battery.

1 is about 17%

1 is about 6% after whole day of charging

1 is about 55%

1 is currently charging

For the setting (video recording and sending of email) I use the default in arlo which will send email everytime it detects motion. Recording is about 10 second

Question:

How long (hours) the charging time for the arlo pro battery before it will be fully charge?

What is the best recommended setting to save battery?

When I am in the office I normally view it live for 10-20 mins in a day.

Anyone having the same issue with the arlo pro battery?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

nespagne wrote:

How long (hours) the charging time for the arlo pro battery before it will be fully charge?

What is the best recommended setting to save battery?

When I am in the office I normally view it live for 10-20 mins in a day.

Anyone having the same issue with the arlo pro battery?

Charging time using the supplied equipment seems to be in the 2.5 hour range.

If you really want to save battery, the Best Battery Life setting is needed.  Each setting from Best to Best Battery lowers the resolution and, hence, the radio time needed to transmit the recording and live view.  Of course, the total number of minutes of recording and live view (5 minutes per day is the spec) as well as the signal strength between the base and cameras all gets in there, too.  Your live viewing is killing the battery for sure.

A battery that doesn't charge in the normal time is an issue although it could be the camera since the battery has to be in the camera to charge.  Swap batteries around to see if the issue follows the battery or camera.

NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you are having problems with a battery, or think it/they needs to be replaced, I'd recommend contacting the support team at support.netgear.com.

Have you looked into the Arlo Q or the Arlo Q Plus? I don't know you exact situation but if battery life is an issue than maybe the Arlo Q can fit your situation better. You can monitor outside by pointing it through a window(which you CAN NOT do with the Arlo Pro).