Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Donnadags
Guide
Guide

I have 5 arlo pro cameras all 1 year old or less. All of a sudden all of my cameras do not hold a charge for more than 2weeks. I tried calling and the person made it seem as though suddenly i do not know how to charge them. I am very disappointed as these are on a home in another state and I rely on them to have eyes on my vacant home.  I spent a lot of money on cameras that no one can tell me why this is happening 

32 REPLIES 32
Iisa
Tutor
Tutor
Well I never got a response on the release notes but I updated the firmware on all cameras there wasn't one for the base. One camera won't go online the other one is already drained 2% from 100 to 98 and third is still up to 100%
Iisa
Tutor
Tutor
Well I never got a response on the release notes but I updated the firmware on all cameras there wasn't one for the base. One camera won't go online the other one is already drained 2% from 100 to 98 and third is still up to 100%. Think I'm going to give up unless I get a real good answer
Iisa
Tutor
Tutor
Okay thank you I check that but it really doesn't tell me anything special that I need to do or am I missing something
Iisa
Tutor
Tutor
I did try this but there's no firmware update available for my base station

To update your Arlo or Arlo Pro firmware manually
Launch the Arlo app or log in to arlo.netgear.com.
Tap or click Settings > My Devices and select your Arlo or Arlo Pro base station.
Tap or click Device Info > Firmware > Update.
Warning: Do not turn off your base station while the firmware update is in progress.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Your base station may have already been updated. The base firmware is the same as from last month.

Here is where you should be:

Firmware versions:
Gen 3 and Gen 4 Base Station  1.10.0.9.23037
Camera VMC4030 (Arlo Pro) 1.092.0.17_25364
Camera VMC4030P (Arlo Pro2) 1.125.11.1_25366

Donnadags
Guide
Guide

Charged the batteries to 100%  September 30th. Today 3 of them are at 97%   So I’m going to say the firmware update did not work

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

I fully charged one of my camera's on September 29th and after 4 minutes of recording I'm at 85% so the update didn't work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you are still experiencing battery issues after updating the firmware, please contact Arlo Support Team so they can further assist you.