Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Drained Fast & Motion Detect Issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
muty20
Follower
Follower

Hi, I bought a Alro Pro base and 2 cameras (Gen 1) last week, and have been using them since then, but I noticed the battery seems to drain quicker that it should. Like, I rechared them both to 100% last night, and from 9pm last night till this morning around 8am, the battery is down to 96%.

I use both camera to minitor my cats activities, so it recorded like 10 video clips in total. Basically over the last 12 hours, the battery is down 4% - 5%. 

I have installed the latest firmware, and had a chat with one of the Arlo customer service, who suggested me setting the sensitivity to 50%, instead of 100% which is what it is now. I will try that, but just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue? I have done some research on the community, and there was a battery issue a lot ot people had, which seemed to have been fixed by the latest firmware update. In my case, the firmware update didn't fix it.

Aslo, I noticed the motion detection distance seems shorter that it's advertiised, 23 feet (7 metres)? To me, it's like it only detects my cats are walking within 1 - 2 meters. Anyone has this issue as well?

Thanks a lot

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There may be an initial quick but small drop when the battery is first recharged but should level out. Monitor to verify.

You say 10 clips but you don't say how long and whether you're live viewing. The spec battery life is for less than 5 minutes per day total.

Detection range is based on humans, not cars or cats. Positioning can play a big part - make sure the camera catches the cats moving across the FOV, not at the camera.