Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
michele
Guide
Guide

Which is the single battery average duration (months/days... regular use) about new Arlo Pro camera (starting from a charge 100%)? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The batteries in your Arlo Pro Wire-Free or Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day. For more information on Arlo Pro rechargeable batteries, see here: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera’s battery life?

Additional rechargeable batteries will also be made available for purchase: Arlo Pro Rechargeable Battery (VMA4400)

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's new so unknown.  I haven't looked at all the details/manuals yet but that would be a good place to start.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the data sheet the battery capacity is 2440mAh, so maybe 70% more capacity compared to the ~1500mAh batteries in the original Arlo. Of course, if the Arlo batteries are wired in parallel, as been reported, then it's less than the 3000mAh of a parallel wired setup.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jeff.... I zoomed in on the picture and yes, its 2440mahr, but also a 7.4v pack.... so I think in the long run it will last about the same as the OEM

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The batteries in your Arlo Pro Wire-Free or Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day. For more information on Arlo Pro rechargeable batteries, see here: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera’s battery life?

Additional rechargeable batteries will also be made available for purchase: Arlo Pro Rechargeable Battery (VMA4400)

JamesC

enriquecm
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the battery duration (starting from a charge 100%) with 24 hours recording..

regards

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't get 24 hour recording with either wireless camera.  I can say that my Pro cameras are still showing 100% after 2.5 days of operation with several minutes' worth of recording each day (testing, etc.)  I can't tell you the exact amount of videos/live view without a lot of investigation.  I'd kinda estimate 10 minutes a day so far but that's +/-.

Bob_1963
Guide
Guide
The batteries in my pro's died in a week. Is there a warranty on them.
Zandex
Guide
Guide

I am having mixed experience with my Arlo Pro battery life/duration. For instance, the following is applicable since installing them on October 22, 2016 which would be about one week now.

Cam 1 - 58%

Cam 2 - 93%

Cam 3 - 100%

Cam 4 - 100%

Both Cam 1 & 2 are within the standard motion detection and 5 mins per day recording band. However, I do believe that Cam 1 battery might be defective and as such opened a case with Arlo support. I was told by the agent that they don't have any RMA battery to replace mine. Therefore, the recommendation is that I can return the product to the store that I got it. Alternatively, I could check back within one week's time to see if they have any battery to replace the current one. I spent about one hour with an agent doing all the standard troubleshooting activities before an agreement that something might be wrong. An example, they asked me to swap Cam 2 battery with Cam 1. They asked me to resync the camera, reboot the base station. You name it, I've done it in an effort to find the problem.

In addition, they told me that on their system it is showing that my battery is showing full (100%) even though on the actual app both Android, and Windows showing Cam 1 and Cam 2 at these battery level. Therefore, I am now totally confused as to what is really going on.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bob_1963,

Battery life could be affected by poor WiFi signal strength as well as camera usage. What is the WiFi signal strength icon showing for your cameras? How much usage (live streaming and recording) did your cameras see in that week?

Zandex,

I'd like to take a closer look at your support case. If you could, please provide the case number that you have open with the support team.

JamesC

RocketAngel
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have owned the original Arlo system for a little under a year... IT HAS NEVER LIved UP TO ANY battery usage standard advertised/marketed by Netgear. Not even close! No local storage, not promised but very heavily hinted at... with this and other differences too many to mention here...

I reiterate that Netgear SHOULD offer a DEAL TO EXISTING USERS for the Arlo Pro...

it should be thought of as mutually beneficial to your earlier adopters and Netgear, we (the users) would get closer to the features and benefits we believed we were originally purchasing (& of course a bit more) and you (Netgear) would get $$ and happier user base..for obvious reasons.
Right now with the release of the PRO and its pricing "it appears" that you just do not care about the existing users...
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have had my cameras for 17 days and my front door / most used camera has dropped 15%. Right now it is looking like I will get 113 days give or take. I figure I will charge around the 3.5 month mark. The other 3 cameras are are at 97%, 100% and 100% but they are used much less. I live in Arizona so the temperature is in the 70s, I have my motion at 80% and cats trigger the front door about 4 times a night.