Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base station loses connection to router repeatedly after working fine for months

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Yolcol
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Installed an Arlo pro base and 4 cameras successfully in June. Somewhere around the end of September the Arlo connection light started randomly going amber requiring me to turn it off and back on to reconnect. This issue has worsened until now in order to connect, I have to do a full reset and reinstall. Then the connection will hold for a few hours before dropping again. 

Arris router, base station looks good in client list. Tried all 4 available Ethernet ports and a new cable. No other devices have an issue, just Arlo. 

I see that other people also have similar problems, but never found a solution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hadware issues happen.  You can't resolve them without opening a case with support.  Rather than waiting and struggling with the issue, proactively open that case and perhaps get faulty hardware replaced.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SusanEA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue -- software update needed ??  I must say, I have been covinced for MONTHS - purchasing Arlo was a HUGE mistake.  A software update on Halloween ?  Great idea.  Looking into other options ... anything would be an improvement.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hadware issues happen.  You can't resolve them without opening a case with support.  Rather than waiting and struggling with the issue, proactively open that case and perhaps get faulty hardware replaced.

Yolcol
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a ticket and got a quick reply. It was all about ports 80, 443, and 123 being open in the router and assigned to the Arlo. I called Spectrum (lease my Arris router through them) and got some help locating the settings along with a nice explanation about why this has to be.  Important thing was that this isn't a standard setting and has to be done by the end user. Apparently it was just lucky that I had a couple of months of uninterrupted connection before problems. Probably a helpful thing to add to the set up instructions in the box.