Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
loritheisen
Follower
Follower

Arlo Pro has worked great for over a year and now all of a sudden base station has amber light and where it's plugged in to the modem it's also amber.  I have had my internet provider do full checks on internet and modem and this is not the problem.  I've changed cords, still not a fix.  I see a green light flicker ever so often, but it's pretty much consistently amber and unit shows as 'offline'.  I've been working on this for DAYS resetting, turning off, resyncing, you name it.  I've exhausted all other options at this point.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been some servers issues in the past week... unkown if related.

But which LED is amber?

they run Power-Internet-Camera.

Also it is possible a hardware issue...have you tried support ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same issues. Base station for Arlo Pro keeps going offline. We have tried 2 different base stations 4 different Ethernet cords. 2 different power cords and 2 different modems. The internet is working fine. The only device that keeps going offline and doesn’t reconnect is the arlo base station. We have tried giving the arlo base a fixed ip and put it in the router dmz. This all started happening in the last few weeks. With the update that also messed up the recordings and notification. It seems like a software issue. Our base goes offline many times a day. This never happened before. We also have other security cameras that notify us if the internet goes out and they go offline. And they are not alerting. So we know the internet is ok. It’s the arlo base stations it looks like a software issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could also be a hardware issue. What are the LEDs on the base showing when offline? If all green, can you connect on any device such as a computer or a phone on either WiFi or cell service? Since it could be hardware, open a case with support for a possible replacement:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx