Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station internet light will turn amber, then turn off issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CheshireCat
Follower
Follower

I recently went through a factory reset of my router. After the reset, I lost my cameras and base station connection, thus requiring my base station needing to be reconnected. I start the setup and on the third step where you wait for your power and internet lights to go green, my internet light will turn amber, then turn off. That's as far as I'm able to get on the setup. I've tried multiple cables, different ports on the router and different devices. No joy. As a side note, all my cameras are powered down, but the camera light on the base station will go green. Not sure if that's standard.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @CheshireCat,

It sounds like you might be having an internet connection issue. Make sure that your internet is working properly. You can see more about the LED lights here: What do the LEDs on my Arlo or Arlo Pro base station mean?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

When you say reset your router, do you actually mean your router or do you mean the Arlo base station? Two very different things.

If you mean the arlo base station......... before you did the factory reset, did you remove your cameras and base station from your account? This should be the first step in doing a factory reset of the base station. If you didn't see if you can log into the website or your phone app and remove all cameras and all base stations. Then use the add device in the app to claim your base, then the rest should work fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, it may be worth rebooting your router.