Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station LED blinking

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bigdig2001
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a quick question. Since a few days I see the middle LED of my Arlo Pro Basestation blinking from time to time. I've the impression this is new and before all three LEDs were consitandly on green light. Does anyone know what the individual LEDs are for and why the middle one in blinking from time to time?

Overall the Arlo Pro is working fine. No issues just like to understand this.

Thx

Markus. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The documentation always referred to the blinking internet light

https://kb.arlo.com/989/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-mean

but the firmware had not yet caught up.

This change is part of a series of changes being introduced to help users resolve their base station offline issues themselves. If the Internet LED is flashing, it will only flash when communicating to the backend due to a trigger, login, or just status check.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I was just about to post the same, the base station just got an update and since then the middle led "sending data" is constantly flashing now!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

New feature.  It's like the LEDs on your router - activity triggers a blinking LED.  It's the new normal.

bigdig2001
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well if this is a new feature, then what is it telling me? I feel it's annoying rather then supportiv. But well if there is a good reason what it does then ok I'll have to acknowledge this. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It's an annoying continuous activity light what it is.. 

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
If it wasn't broke why fix it?
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The documentation always referred to the blinking internet light

https://kb.arlo.com/989/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-mean

but the firmware had not yet caught up.

This change is part of a series of changes being introduced to help users resolve their base station offline issues themselves. If the Internet LED is flashing, it will only flash when communicating to the backend due to a trigger, login, or just status check.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Now am seeing no light on "internet" status .. But everything still works... Seems like someone at Arlo's end is messing around with it.. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Doubtful.  Try power cycling the base.