Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Base Station Internet LED Constant Amber

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nyoong
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased the Arlo Pro Wire-Free HD Security Camera (Model No. VMS4230) today, but am having issues connecting the base station to the router via ethernet cable. After waiting 2 minutes, the power LED will be green but the Internet LED will be a steady amber each time. I have tried turning both the router/base station off and on, hard reset/factory reset, and replugging in the ethernet cable on both ends. I even contacted my Internet provider (Wow! Internet) and asked them to open ports 443 and 80, but it didn't change anything. 

What can I do to make the base station connect? I've been trying to fix it for 2 hours and nothing is working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nyoong
Initiate
Initiate

I realized a lot of people were posting about the same problem after I asked this question, so thank you for explaining! Will try again tomorrow morning and see if there's a change!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

There were problems with the Arlo servers a few hours ago. Some long term users are reporting amber internet lights also. Bad timing I'm afraid. You might need to wait a few hours and try again. Still no official word from Netgear about what the story is

nyoong
Initiate
Initiate

I realized a lot of people were posting about the same problem after I asked this question, so thank you for explaining! Will try again tomorrow morning and see if there's a change!

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon @nyoong,

You're absolutely right @steve_t. As you may have seen, we have posted an update that this issue should now be resolved. We will continue to provide updates to that discussion as they become available. However, if you are still experiencing any issues related to the Base Station offline issue please feel free to reach out to me via private message and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue until it is resolved.  

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.