Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station Goes Offline, but all lights on the base are green

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cooltraveler
Star
Star

Just bought the Arlo Pro 4 Unit System VMS4430 in mid August. Setup was a breeze. About a week later while I was out of town the unit went offline. Being out of town when I needed it most it going offline was rather inconvenient. I got home last night and saw that the internet LED was Amber. I rebooted it and all came back all green with internet light blinking with some activity. Unfortunately the app and web browser still showed the unit offline. I finally removed all the cameras and base station in my profile, perfromed a reset and synced all the cameras back to get it to work.

I know this seems to be a common issue reading the forums, but is this a common fix? If this is the case then back to the store it goes. The convenience of having batteries with solar panels is great, but if the system is unrelable then it is not worth it. The video quality IMO is not very good compared to the 1080 system I have in our business that cost 1/2 the price. 

Version 2.4.3.821_17721 Released 08.08.17

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You posted the app version.  You need to check the individual devices in Settings, My Devices and compare to what's listed in the Release Notes section here.

That said, it's not unheard of for this to happen but is usually related to power and/or Internet outages.  You can't do anything about Internet outages short of having a router that support a 4G fallover configured but power outages can be easily managed with a UPS for your modem, router and base.

cooltraveler
Star
Star
That seems like poor product design. The device loses internet (for whatever reason) even though other devices remained online. You reboot the device and it is all green and you have to reset and repair all the cameras.? If this is the best answer I would say it is time to return it. I spent 950 for the kit plus solar panels. There has to be a better explanation than that.
cooltraveler
Star
Star

Base Station HW Version VMB4000r3 Firmware 1.8.10.1_13433

Camera HW Version H8 Firmware 1.092.0.4_13099

Per my previous response, if having to reset and resync each time, that would not be a good solution and the system is proved to be unreliable. Does anyone have any input?

Thanks

cooltraveler
Star
Star

*bump

With all the issues with the unit losing connectivity, am I the only one experiencing this behaviour?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just had an issue with devices being reported offline.  I logged out and back in and all was fine.