Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Center Led Solid Yellow

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RCar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Security System with 4 Cameras (VMS4430)

Yesterday morning at 6:00am I found the center LED on my base unit showing solid yellow.

My research showed that the base unit was connected to my router but there was no internet connection.

The port it connected to on the router was green and occasionally flashing showing internet traffic.

All my computers and other devices in the house had internet connection so the router was working fine.

The cameras are also recorded to a USB flash drive on the base unit and they recorded OK. (Motion activated)

I couldn't access the cameras on line and my library showed the last recorded video at 1:41am that morning.

The base had no internet connection until around 2:30pm when I tried to restart it from my on-line account. This worked?!

The cameras have been running fine and actually caught someone looking around in my back yard. (Who I confronted!)

I am wondering why I could restart the device from the internet (at work) when it’s not supposed to have an internet connection?!

I have been running this system for over one month now and so far I'm pleased with the product. (Except for the latest glitch)

I'm looking forward to the expected release of solar panels in 2017. I believe they will make this Arlo Pro system complete! (Netgear please don't let us down on this one)

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI, the activity on the router ports doesn't necessarily indicate Internet access but, rather, network access.  It could have been due to any number of devices or circumstances.

It would have been interesting to know if your remote restart worked because the connection had been reestablished (i.e. the Internet LED was green) or if it was still amber.  I think it was just a fluke and certainly hope it doesn't continue.  Keep monitoring LED behavior - that would be the best indicator.

RCar
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife was at home and sent me a text that the center LED was yellow. I had just logged into "My Arlo" account and nothing showed on the cameras. I received a "No Internet Connection" message when I tried a live view. That's when I decided to "restart" the base and fix whatever changed when I came home from work.

None of the settings changed and it ran like nothing happened.

I was reading in the blogs that this was a common problem in 2014 and customers were ready to trash the units! (Expensive trash)

I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the prompt reply!