Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice

I purchased an Arlo Pro system from Best Buy October 26th. I noticed my cameras slipped down changing the field of view. I contacted Netgear and they sent me replacement mounts. This is a link to a picture of the different mounts side by side. The replacement mount is on the left (it looks more smooth) and the mount that came with the system is on the right. I have found that the repalcement mount is no better than the one that came with the system. I stil have issues with camera sliding out of position.Replacement Mount Comparison.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
prof57
Guide
Guide
Exactly same for me. They are now offering the fix mounts as a solution. It seems they don't have a solution to this issue.
Ducktaper
Star
Star

I haven't tried this, but many users are reporting on this forum that if you place a dime-sized circle of balloon rubber between the camera and mount the cameras are staying put. I'm guessing it's not so much a magnet issue as it is that very smooth indent surface of the camera. Good luck.

Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, fully aware of the balloon trick. When you spend $700 on something you would expect to not have to DIY fix it right out of the box. I will add this is the only issue so far, I have no other problems and very much enjoy the system and plan on buying a 5th camera, extra batteries, skins, and HD for local backup. I recommend this product to my friends often.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The balloon fix is just that .... a temp fix.

( it came from me using the old smooth vuezone mounts with the newer Arlos )

Def , reach out to Netgear and put in a trouble ticket.... it is a known problem and they should be contacted to fix it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I use the outdoor security mount primarily for outdoor locations.  Wind can move the cameras around on the magnetic mounts and I have even had branches fall from trees and knock a camera to the ground off a magnetic mount.  In some shelftered locations, I've had good luck with the magnetic mount.  However, it is easy for someone to grab a camera and walk off unless you have it located out of reach...including an arm with a stick or broom handle.  So it depends on your neighborhood as well.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Adding a short teather to the base from the mount also solves the falling / thief problem if out of reach

( 8" from ball mount screw to threaded hole with regular 1/4-20 bolt )

Morse is faster than texting!