Arlo Pro - Available Storage Statistics

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
chadwicktr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using an external hard drive for local backups. However, are the Available Storage statistics suppose to update? For example, I've recorded several days worth of events, but the available storage is still at 100% (x MB of x MB). 

But when I inserted a flash drive with previous documents and music, it did show that 50% of the device was available. That said, when I formatted the flash drive via Arlo, then recorded several minutes of video, the Available Storage went back to 100%, in spite of the videos.

I'm assuming as you record event based videos and use local data, the available storage should reflect this, correct? Please advise. 

(P.S. I searched the forums, but didn't get any hits related to this. If I missed it, please let me know 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Thru motion only are recorded to your backup storage drive not when you are in Live view + pressing record. 

chadwicktr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Gotcha. Good to know. That helps explain the second part. But when I have my USB drive connected and I have a number of motion triggered recordings, should not the available storage stats decrease? I assume it should show less space available as the local recordings grow in size.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yes, it should.. it's hardly noticeable at first but once you'll have those constant motion/recording going then definitely you'll see it. 

chadwicktr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll keep an eye on it then. There's 20-30mb event based recording so far, so I thought that would have been enough to lower the stats slightly. Thanks for the info!