Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Audio Alerts When Sound off In Settings

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jojococo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have audio turned off in settings yet I’m getting Audio alerts. Anyone else experiencing this? It’s annoying and running down the battery.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you turned off the mic for all cameras ? It's a per camera issue if more than one is still set for audio

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Jojococo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response, TomMac, but I have not turned off the mic because if I did that, motion recordings would not include audio and I would need to switch manually between audio on/ audio off when I view live footage in order to hear what’s going on. I have 5 cameras and the others are not giving me this issue. Settings are the same for all of them. Thanks again.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If it is only one, then I might try to use Remove Device for that camera, pull battery and reinstall, then bring back as if new...  This will reset all for that camera to default settings and eliminate possible glitches in the settings.

Morse is faster than texting!
Jojococo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try that. Thanks!
Takuri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.  I’m having a similar issue.  Did you resolve this problem?  How?  Thank You.

I have turned off microphone and I still get annoying audio alerts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turn off the audio detection in your modes and rules.

Takuri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I l realized that under modes I had set up 3 different custom time modes...day, evening, and night. In each there are different cameras.  Though I’ve turned off audio on each device setting, under each customer time mode I had not.  It seems to have solved the problem.  Your direction got me re exploring my setting under modes. Hopefully others will find it useful to avoid hundreds of audio triggered videos and notifications by reviewing also any custom time modes that you might have created.

And Happy Holidays!