Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro App Times Out but not watching the live stream

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tohaku
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I recently bought a 3 pack of the Arlo Pros and mounted an Android Tablet to a wall running a kiosk app and the Arlo app.  Having the tablet mounted to the wall is a great/safe way for other people in the house to quickly view what's going on outside.  We don't intend to run a continous live stream but it would be nice to keep the Arlo app open to the home screen so if for any reason someone needs to check they can quickly select the camera they want.

The issue I'm having is that the app times out.  When left open eventually the app will report that my base station and cameras appear offline but when we reopen the app or connect with a different device the cameras and base station are just.  

Is there any way to set the app to stay signed in/not time out?  Or a feature request would be to allow us to set the app to auto-login or autofill user information when launched.  

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Not sure if you can get the app to stay open but you should be able to tell the app to remember you so all you need to do is tap the app icon and it launches in; no need to enter login and password each time

Tohaku
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve,

Do you know where that setting might be?  I've found that if I swipe out of the app and reopen it within a short time span the app is already signed in.  But when the app is closed for a long period of time and I try to reopen it, I have to enter my credentials again.

My next test I'm going to try disabling the kios app I'm using to rule out that it's not intereferring with anything but I don't think that's the case.