Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MASCLtd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, has anyone else experienced receiving AC adapters for teh Arlo pro cameras that don't work?  I purchased a five camera system and the AC charger that came with it does not work.  I also purchased an ad-on camera and that AC charger for that camera also does not work.  I rang support about the first charger and was kept on the line for 55 minutes, finally given a call case number, told that a replacement would come in a week - it's been three weeks and I'm still waiting.  Rang again today and was kept on the line for 17 minutes and then the line went dead.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It is particulary upsetting as these cameras are important as they are about keeping my ageing mother safe in her own home and relying on constantly charging up the batteries is not helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Unknown as to the reason behind your issues....

BUT, FYI, in the meanwhile you can run the Pro cam on a standard 5v usb adapter ( pull the battery ) that puts out about 1.5a

The standard 5 v usb will not charge the battery as the supplied adapter is a Qualcom dual voltage type, 5v to run and 9v to charge.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you get an error message or does it just not work? Have you tried plugging a mobile device into the Arlo chrger to see what happens? These chargers use the Qualcomm Quick Charge capability so you can try using a charger from a receent phone that supplies both 5v and 9v to see if that works.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Unknown as to the reason behind your issues....

BUT, FYI, in the meanwhile you can run the Pro cam on a standard 5v usb adapter ( pull the battery ) that puts out about 1.5a

The standard 5 v usb will not charge the battery as the supplied adapter is a Qualcom dual voltage type, 5v to run and 9v to charge.

Morse is faster than texting!
MASCLtd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, thanks very much for your helpful reply! I have now dismantled both chargers (disconnected the USB cable and separated the charger from the three pin plug) and then put them back together again and used them both to try to charge a Logitech keyboard and one of them at least now appears to be charging, the second still doesn’t, but that is progress!  I will look into an alternative adapter to replace the one that still refuses to work.  Thanks again - very much appreciated.