Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AnDa1
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 of my 4 Arlo Battery cameras discharged from 85 % to 1 % within 12 hours. It was working normally for app 6 month, meaning I had to recharge all batteries app every 4 - 6 weeks. No additional traffic recorded during the night operation. Firmware update was only available for 2 out of 4 cameras and is not available for this individual camera. Even with a 4 - 6 weeks recharging cycle (not to talk about 12 hours) this system is not really “fit for purpose” even the overall system is very user-friendly and fantastic to use. How to fix this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AnDa1 wrote:

1 of my 4 Arlo Battery cameras discharged from 85 % to 1 % within 12 hours. It was working normally for app 6 month, meaning I had to recharge all batteries app every 4 - 6 weeks.

Try swapping it with one of your other cameras, and see if the problem stays with the camera [or not].

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AnDa1 wrote:

1 of my 4 Arlo Battery cameras discharged from 85 % to 1 % within 12 hours. It was working normally for app 6 month, meaning I had to recharge all batteries app every 4 - 6 weeks.

Try swapping it with one of your other cameras, and see if the problem stays with the camera [or not].

AnDa1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks Stephen, I followed your advice. Charged booth front cameras to 100 % and exchanged batteries. Used both cameras today for 12 hours and both used only 1 % or show now 99 % capacity. Why ? I don’t know, but it was a great approach. Many thanks for your help, Andreas

macmeigard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact problem. I have four cameras and all of them went to 1% within 12 hours. I ordered one new replacement battery just to test and it didn’t work either; went from 100% to 1% within 12 hours. Strange, or just a Netgear thing to make us buy a new system?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@macmeigard wrote:

Strange, or just a Netgear thing to make us buy a new system?

Netgear has nothing to do with (they divested Arlo five years ago).

1. Are these also Pro 4 cameras, or are they a different model?
  2. Do you have a base/smarthub, or are they connected to your home wifi?
  3. What firmware are the cameras running?
AnDa1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm, that my 4 cameras are working now to my satisfaction. Many thanks to Stephen’s advice here. I recharged individually both batteries to 100 %. After app 2 days they are now at 97 and 98 %, which is very much of an improvement. In addition I adjusted / refined the activity zones (more restrictive but not much). Again, many thanks to Stephen. 

macmeigard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 

Base station VMB4000, Firmware 1.21.1.0_4300_898b168

Arlo Pro , all on firmware 1.092.1.0_9_120d8b7

I also have a Base station VMB5000 that I tried with but no luck.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@macmeigard wrote:

I have 

Base station VMB4000, Firmware 1.21.1.0_4300_898b168

Arlo Pro , all on firmware 1.092.1.0_9_120d8b7

I also have a Base station VMB5000 that I tried with but no luck.

So not Pro 4 cameras.

Are you saying that you switched to the VMB5000 and that made no difference?  Or that you were unable to onboard the cameras to the newer base?

What else have tried to do to fix it?

Normally I suggest removing any activity zones, and then seeing how much the cameras are recording.  Though since all four cameras are behaving this way, perhaps removing them from the account, doing a factory reset of the VMB4000, and then adding the cameras back would be useful next step.