Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 won't work after charging it

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
peterschuller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 3 that has been working perfect for years. Now it has been very cold and I had to bring it in for charging. After charging was done it doesn't switch on again, i.e can't live stream nor records. I have tried to remove it and reinstall it and nothing works (even with manual sync). It shows it among the other cameras in my system but is like frozen. During re-installation it never gets passes "position your camera", even though I have it like 1 m from the hub. Any ideas please?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the hardware reset?  (hold down sync until the camera flashes amber - about 15 seconds)

peterschuller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just did now - no change. The Hub finds the camera and they connect but again the installation gets stuck at "position your camera" and it is just saying "connecting" and nothing happens. If I force the installation at that point pressing "continue" the camera shows up in the app among the other cameras but can't live stream nor detect motion. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the app to select Settings, Support. Choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

peterschuller
Aspirant
Aspirant

will do, another "fun" fact is that the a fully charged battery gets empty within 24 hrs in this camera despite laying with a cloth over it and not being in use......

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And that's exactly where contacting support helps.