Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ahernandez04
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Pro 3 camera connects to my account and appears in the app but does not have any connection. When I try and see the live feed, it times out.....and regardless of the rules I have setup, it does not catch motion and record. I have tried deleting it and reconfiguring it to my account, rebooting the camera, rebooting and reconfiguring the base station as well. Nothing works so I was looking for some ideas. I see I'm not the only one with the issue but decided to post now and see if anyone has been able to solve this instead of Arlo offering a small discount to buy new cameras that you didn't plan on buying.

To note: base is 5 feet away from me right now while I'm testing the camera, I have a strong wifi6 signal and the router is also 5 ft away from me, feeding ethernet to the base. My camera with the issue is a Pro 3 which came in a set of 4 and a new base. The other 3 cameras from this set work fine with no issues. And I've tried putting another camera's battery in there as well to see if it's battery, but that didn't work...same issue. I also now have 3 Essential cameras connected to this base that also work fine with no issues so I have ruled out base, distance, battery and internet. I have no clue what to do with this Pro 3 camera now. It shows up on my account when I login (regardless if in app or web), but connection always times out when I click it. It shows an image of weeks ago (when this all started out of the blue). I need help with this....thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try resetting the camera? 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Although the instructions say to let go of sync when the LED flashes blue, I suggest waiting until it flashes amber.

ahernandez04
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yes of course....that was about the 2nd thing I tried, before resetting the entire base and re-configuring all cameras. I think in total, I reset the camera 3-4 times. And I did that too lol....I always hold reset a bit longer than what they say. But it didn't work

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

ahernandez04
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried contacting Arlo support many times with no results. This is why I came here to see if any other users in the forums had the same issue and were able to resolve it. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you receiving an RMA camera replacement? I see you have a case with a lost package from FedEx. Is this regarding the same camera? Is it being replaced? Do you have a case number regarding this previous conversation with Support?

ahernandez04
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, but I would take a replacement if that would even be possible. The other case I have (most likely what u are referring to) was a 3 pack of Essential cameras I had ordered but got lost with FedEx so Arlo was supposed to report that with FedEx on your side.